A few questions, before I make my final decision...

Freedom_Pixie

Ok, I need to ask a few questions before I make my final decision on a carseat. I have narrowed it down to 3 different carseats: Britax marathon, Britax Boulevard, and True Fit. If I get a True Fit, I want to wait until the new version(because I absolutly :love: the Cranberry color). Anyway, I have a few questions:

With the Marathon and Boulevard: What is the max Height limit on the seats? (I looked on the site, but it says 49inches or less, I am confused on what this means). My son is 29lbs, and approx 36 inches(for his age look at siggy). Can someone who has these carseats provide some pictures(with a child about the same height and weight as DS), so I can see how he might fit in them? Also, Does anyone have any troubles with these seats?

With the TrueFit: I was wondering if the newer version would have a detachable ARB? Or would the version out now, come in the Cranberry color? I have emailed Cust. Service, but no reply yet. I know that the TF goes to 50inches max in height. Does anyone have any problems with this carseat?

I have ruled out these seats, because they just either don't fit or doesn't RF: Britax Frontier, Britax Regent, Graco Nautilus, and Evenflo truimph advanced(yes I was considering this one, even though I have a personal issue with evenflo).

TIA.

ADS

BW1426

The overall height is not really important. It is the torso height and the height from his bum to the top of his head that is important. The True Fit has the tallest shell and will last the longest RFing by height. I also prefer the True Fit when FFing because it is not on a base. I love my Marathon. But at your child's age and size I would go with the True Fit.

The ARB detaches when FFing (I'm not sure if that was your question or not). I doubt that the original True Fit will come out in that color.

flutie128

If you need the car seat now you might be able to purchase another cover in cranberry later. I called LC about covers and the lady said they were 70 shipped. At that time they had cappuccino, misty morning and monet. I have not ordered one because we are buying a house and a cover can wait.

Freedom_Pixie

The ARB detaches when FFing (I'm not sure if that was your question or not). I doubt that the original True Fit will come out in that color.

Yes that was the question, if it detaches or not. So are there any other features on the new version TF that the original doesn't have? I am assuming that it is the same, just different colors and the ARB, right? Would the ARB detach in RFing mode? I don't think DS will need it, but maybe he does.

Freedom_Pixie

If you need the car seat now you might be able to purchase another cover in cranberry later. I called LC about covers and the lady said they were 70 shipped. At that time they had cappuccino, misty morning and monet. I have not ordered one because we are buying a house and a cover can wait.

I can wait to buy a car seat,Ds has room left to grow in his car seat now. But I am getting really Angry:)mad:) with the Scenera right now, so when I get the money I am going to purchase a new car seat, and keep the Scenera as a spare (or give it to my mom, who rarely takes DS). But most likely keep it as a spare(until DS grows out of it, then it will get destroyed:evil grin:). Anyway, I might just wait until the new version comes out. Or I might get one now and call or order another cover.

Freedom_Pixie

Once I findout anything about the new version of the TF, I will post about it. I conntacted them about the ARB and other features. So here is to waiting :rolleyes:.

LuvMyCharlie

Don't know if these pictures will help you much, but:

Here is DS a couple months ago in his MA. He was 34", 25 lbs. with a 14" torso. He's spurted again since this was taken, though. :S
IMG_8113.jpg

And in my signature is a picture of him in the TF the same day. Though it's taken from the front instead of the side, you can still see how much bigger the TF is.

BW1426

I'm not sure that the cover would fit right as I believe the adjusters are in different places.

Also, the ARB is a safety feature. It reduces neck loads when RFing. I can't think of a reason why a child wouldn't need it.

Freedom_Pixie

The TF does look bigger. I am just not used to the ARB, until recently I never even heard of it. I am going to get the TF, but one more question: How is the crotch strap on it? I heard many complaints about it.

MaggieQ

Senior Community Member
If you look in my siggy, the little girl in the front left BLVD is 3.5yrs, 39in, 32 lbs, she;s tall but still has a good 2 inches RF

zeo2ski

Sounds like you've already decided, but here are a few pics anyway. In the MA he is 23 mos, 28 lbs not sure on height. In the Truefit he is 25 mos, 29lbs. In the BLVD he is 25 mos 29lbs.
Those were this past july-september. He is now 30 mos, 32.5 lbs, 36 inches and has reached the RFing height limit on the BLVD :( but still has plenty of room in the radian and truefit. HTH.

crtruefit.jpg

bbcblvds.jpg

rfinglegs.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC