Went to BRU with DD

Laryn41

So i went to BRU today with my DD and tested out the Mac's. Didn't try the volvo (don't want one of those}. They didn't have the techno. And don't want a triumph. I like the techno but couldn't try it out. The quest drove awesome and i like everything about it. I just think that it is very compact. I know that is what I want but it is a drastic change from my full size
graco. I do like it but is it something that takes some time to get used to? What about the techno is it a little bigger?

ADS

indigoblossom

the techno is quite bigger than the quest and therefore pushes differently.

it was hard to get used larger macs once i fell in love with how the quest and volo pushed, but i've settled for a love of the frame sizes between the quest and techno (these would be the vogue and ryder - which i don't believe you can try out in any store, unless you live in NY or CT and can visit a mac showroom).

since you're talking about the techno, though, here's my quick review - they're taller, have adjustable handles (though i don't like the rubber-y handles on them as much as i like the foam handles on all smaller macs), and they have an awesome canopy that can zip-down to offer even more protection. it also fully reclines. if these are important features to you, than the larger wheel size and weight difference won't be an issue at all, but the wheels and weight mean that they steer slightly different than the quest. i'd say they were still easy to steer and one-handed steering is still definitely possible, it's just different.

i had a quest first and tried out volos in the store well before i moved on to larger macs and i eventually settled for a volo and a vogue (because i can't afford to replace the beloved ryder i never should have sold). the basket size is about the same in all of them, though the more lightweight the stroller, the easier it will be tip it over if you hang anything from the handles and the child exits the stroller. this is avoided, now that my child is three, by telling him he cannot get down until i remove my bag(s) and yes, even the largest umbrella, the techno XLR will tip if overloaded and the seat is empty, this is an issue with all macs, though big fans of the steerability, ease of use, and lightweight factor (like me) will say that's worth noting but not too big of an issue. i've never had a mac tip with my child in it.

Laryn41

i am so on the fence...i don't know what to do. I found a techno xlr new 2007 for 200. But I do like the quest. i put my DD in it and she wanted out. I am not sure if it is beause she was out of the stroller to beging with and she just wanted to run around.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC