Safetech Joggers??

ADS

MoreLatte

Is it a BabyJogger affiliate? The red one above it looks almost identical to my BabyJogger City Classic!? I clicked on the Single deluxe icon and thats the one that popped up.

If it is a sister company, then it likely would be of high quality.

mom2acrew

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I have owned the double, grey black version. Bought several years ago from Ebay. Basically it was an Instep stroller in different colors. I don't know any more but I asked some of my stroller peeps, maybe they will know more?

rochelle

mom2acrew,

how is your jogger holding up? my instep had a tire tube changed after < 1.5yrs and the tear was at < 2yrs of use.

is the weight around 27lbs?

the price is the lowest so far for a new double jogger and weight is attractive.

Rant: stroller shopping is getting me so exasperated I am tempted to unscrew the seat cover off my instep and patch the tear.

mom2acrew

I have passed it on but it lasted a good 4 years before it let me and we were not nice to it. I have an Instep too and that is our campground stroller, bought 2nd hand and has been through two boys. I am typically a high end stroller lover but both those served me well. I send an email to Safetech looking for more info, I will let you guys know if I hear anything.

The only downside IIRC the dbl was tight to get through doorways.

rochelle

mom2acrew,

many thanks for sending the email to Safetech and also for your reply. glad to know it survived for 4 yrs.

my Instep is 33" wide so I can live with the "horror' of the safetech jogger wheels also scrapping my front door.

btw, I have unscrewed the seat cover off my Instep to try to patch the 6"-8" tear on the seat with my stockpile of free baby face towel.

off-topic - I just use my kippo toddler blanket to "hide" the tear from nosy neighbourhood mums.

DH is worried that spending $399 on a Baby Jogger double does not gurantee the seat cover can last 2yrs. so cheaper to get the cheapest double jogger and buy again when the seat cover tear.

mom2acrew

If you have been happy with your Instep you should like the Safetech, how did the seat tear? My SIL had this happen to her Instep years ago and they sent her a new seat. You could try calling them?

rochelle

mom2acrew,

Pacific Cycle said that they have no replacement seat cover for us to buy for my Instep, which also happened to be discontinued by them.

I ended up unscrewing the seat cover (12 screws) and mending two tears. the left seat has a 7" tear and the right seat has a 3" tear.

the side with the 7" tear is my 43lb son's regular seat. the 3" tear is my 35lb son regular seat. both tears are at the seams near the centre "divider"

not sure when the first tear appear but the the 2nd tear appeared just after my DS2 reached 30lbs.

since the Instep was suppose to take 50lbs per seat, I was pretty disappointed that the seat cover tore at 30lbs.

its just wear and tear at the seams but wish Pacific Cycle has done double stitching for the seams of the seat cover.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC