Question What's the difference between Britax Frontier's for sale in the US vs. Canada

U

Unregistered

Is there a difference between the Britax Frontier's for sale in the US vs. the ones for sale in Canada? Besides colour?

Thanks!

Kim

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
The weight limits are different, and one is certified for use in Canada and meets CMVSS 213 standards while the other is certified for use in the US and meets FMVSS 213 standards. Aside from that I'm not sure. The seats made for Canada are manufactured for the Canadian market, so it's possible there's some sort of difference in the 2 seats, but I really don't know 100%.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you're considering importing a US seat? It's illegal to use a seat in Canada that isn't certified to CMVSS standards and doesn't have the National Safety Mark. Border crossings have increasingly been confiscating non CMVSS seats at the border, and if that were to happen to you you'd basically be out $200 and a seat. Depending on your locale you could also be fined and potentially get demerits on your license for using a seat not certified for use in Canada. This being above and beyond the fact that you won't know if the seat meets/continues to meet CDN standards, and won't be notified in the event of a recall.

I know it really sucks that the US has a wonderful sale on Britax right now and Canadians are being jipped by still having to pay full price, but unfortunately there's really nothing we can do aside from complain to Britax and ask that they offer a CDN Britax sale period. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC