lightweight stroller

veggiegirl228

What strollers are designed for above 40lbs and are lightweight? Also would fold up nice to fit in the trunk of my car. It's getting to be fun to push dd in the stroller and also would you buy another stroller for a nearly 3 yo?

ADS

mominabigtruck

All maclaren strollers go to 55lbs except for the xlr which goes to 65lbs and they're considered an umbrella stroller. I can't imagine not having my 3yo in a stroller so I defnitely would.

MoreLatte

I second the Maclaren. They push like a dream!

If you are just using it for errands and don't need the recline, the Volo would be a good choice. It is nice because the hood is a little larger than the Quest and the seat bottom sits up a little higher making it easier to get into the basket. They fold up nicely and have carrying straps. If you go to
www.maclarenbaby.com you can compare all of them. :)

ETA; My 5yo still occasionally rides in the Volo, so yes, I'd buy one for a 3yo.

veggiegirl228

I'm so going to check out Target or BRU to see if they have them on clearance, then I have a chance to convince DH about buying another stroller :whistle:

Rosey

Yes, that is a good deal. I paid $40 for a used one just like that sans hole. Looks to be in great shape.

veggiegirl228

Since I'm blinded by the MacClaren replacement parts, How much do you think it would be to get the mesh basket replaced? I'm trying to go and look at it tomorrow

ETA: picture in question

I've come across a Techno XT for $45 pic looks decent but was told that the hood doesn't open all the way. Would it be expensive to fix? Here's a picture as well.

Here's the ad:
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/bab/1021169720.html

Last edited:

MoreLatte

The one complaint I've heard with the Triumph (in the add you posted) is the seat not being quite as deep as the other Macs. Some kids don't think its as comfortable. The Volo seat is even a little deeper. But I've never really checked that particular one out, so, just something to keep in mind when you go to look.

I'm not sure how much a new basket would cost, but check out this site
www.babye-store.com They have great deals on Maclarens and free shipping. They have the Triumph for as little as $94!

Oh, just saw your add-on for the Techno XT. Now that would be a sweet deal! It looks to be in good condition. I'd check that one out, the hood may be something you could fix yourself, you never know!

veggiegirl228

The thing about the Techno is I noticed she had this ad up before, no biggie, but it states in the other ad that the left brake is broke and hasn't mentioned it at to me :( She actually got this one for free from another CL. I'm might just stop by BRU/Target tomorrow in hopes for a clearance one or check out other ads.

jamesmommy

I think the baskets are 10 or 12 dollars plus shipping. I would probably just patch the one that is in it though, they snap off so it should be a fairly simple process.

Kat_Momof3

you can also find some great deals on ebay... macs are definitely great... great steering... and the 55lb weight limit is really an understatement.

Damian could fit comfortably in a volo during trick or treating in 2007 when his legs wore out (his legs were constantly aching back then from all that growing he does) at over 80lbs... really, they can hold anyone that can sit comfortably... you just have to make sure the weight doesn't stress the seat or the stroller itself.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC