what's the best way to sell a vehicle so I can finance a minivan?

Irishmama

I would really like to get a used minivan, I'm looking to spend between $3,500 and $4000 but I need to sell our current vehicle to get the cash so I can pay cash for a vehicle. I can't afford to finance. What's the best option for selling a vehicle? We looked at a local dealership using it as a trade-in for a Windstar, but they said they don't have a lot of demand for 15 passenger vans, so they couldn't offer us enough. Any ideas? The dealer suggested Carmax, but I don't think they'd be interested. I appreciate any ideas, I'd love to get this one sold so I can get a smaller van. Thanks in advance!

ADS

christineka

I would look to sell and buy concurrently. The family who bought our van had to sell their car first. I believe they had a buy, took out a loan, bought our van, then sold the car, paid off the loan.

Or if you have a cc with a $5k limit you could buy the minivan on that just before you sell your van and then pay that off. You'll get more money to sell your van yourself.

Hey, I pm'ed you. Check out craigslist and jolietyardsales.com
Also, there are alot of used minivans for sale along rt. 6 past the subway(they are in people's driveways). Check out the used dealership on Rt. 6 by the subway. They have tons of minvans and I noticed some of them have been there for a long time.

Hope that helps. I really want your 15 passenger, but Mike keeps saying no way!

Irishmama

I'll check out Craigslist and jolietyardsales. I'll have to have dh drive by the vans for sale on Rt. 6. We stopped by the dealership but all they had was a Windstar with 150,000 miles on it and a '04 Sedona that was out of our price range.

LOL, I'd love to sell it to you! I'd even throw in two Evenflo Triumph's (the original ones). Maybe you could tell him it followed you home? You wouldn't have to tell him I drove it!

Irishmama

:doh: Hadn't thought about a credit card! LOL. The interest rate scares me a little in case it takes me a little longer to sell the van than we think it will. But it's definitely a thought. The dealer said if we finance he can't come down as much because he has to pay an acquisition fee for financing, so I'd definitely like to pay cash, plus then I know I didn't over extend myself financially. According to KBB online, the van is worth about $3,500 in it's current condition, but I'm worried if no one is willing to pay that for it, and I do overextend on a new van, we won't be able to take the hit financially.

christineka

Wait to go with the credit card until someone very seriously wants to buy your van- as in they are arranging to come down with the money to buy it. Of course, that would mean you'd have the new van lined up and ready to buy.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC