Outlook didn't work for me...

Dawn

I was all ready to buy a Saturn Outlook with 8 passenger seating today. I wanted to be sure I could install Abigail's Regent before we went any further. I could not get a good install at all with the SBP :( It has solid, non-flexible buckle stalks. Oh Well! Back to the car shopping.

ADS

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
Really I installed dd Regent in the Acadia we rented LBP & SBP with no issues. What seating position are you trying it in? I know it won't work in the center but outboard you need to recline the vehicle seat before tightening the seatbelt. Once you have it as tight as you can get it then raise the vehicle seatback up into position and attach the top tether.

I have to use this trick in many vehicles not just the Outlook/Acadia. I had to do this in my Tahoe and other parents Honda Oddy's, Subura (the suv model), etc...

The fixed belt stalks almost always are a huge plus when installing car seats.

Dawn

I tried outboard. According to the owners manual in the 08 the seat needed to be fully reclined when installing a front facing carseat. The buckle was on the side of the seat giving it too much wiggle room.

Dawn

Is it ok to raise the seat up some to tighten it? I really don't want to put her in a booster but I am short on vehicles I like and can afford.:confused:

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Is it ok to raise the seat up some to tighten it? I really don't want to put her in a booster but I am short on vehicles I like and can afford.:confused:

No, you can't raise the seat to tighten it up based on my re-reading of my manual just now and the way I understand it. You could always call GM/Saturn to double check though? The reasoning behind reclining is to prevent contact between the vehicle head restraint and the child restraint, so one would think it would be ok to have it more upright if there was no contact with the head restraint with it being more upright. I have no experience with the regent to comment on that, and I would NOT be comfortable putting the seatback upright without talking to GM about it first.

How does the regent SBP compare to installing a Radian? The Radian is compatible with the seatbelt, it just takes some effort.

Here's the page from the manual with the wording:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/snowbird25ca/Carseats 2/DSC00415.jpg

Are you trying to install it on the passenger or driver side? The buckle stalks are fixed in all positions, but I suspect there is a slight width difference in the spacing between passenger and driver, so maybe one side would work better than the other? The best trick with the seatbelts in there with the radian is to unbuckle and let a little bit of seatbelt go back into the retractor then re-buckle it.

The LATCH limit on the vehicle is 48lbs - would that give you some more time in the Regent?

Dawn

Thank you! I was worried I had read it wrong. I was reading while DH was test driving. :)
I need it to go on the drivers side so I can still access the 3rd row. The buckle sat on the side of the seat. So when I used the SBP it went in the back of the seat and then forward toward the buckle. Sorry, I didn't take pictures. :) I wish I had.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC