Evenflo Titan top slots

FrogJuice

I have a cousin who is obsessed over this carseat she really wants one for her 1yo, I keep trying to talk her out of it. I tried my bets for her to get into the triumph advance, no luck. I told her I though that it only had 14-15inch top slots, and her 1yo is really tall, so I don't think it would last long at all, total waste of money, but she swears that she knows it has 16-17inch top slots, can someone help me with the actually top slot measurement please?

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yikes, that site doesn't have the Triumph Advance to look at next to the Titan...that would really drive the point home if they did! (It's definitely 17 inches... it takes 18mos-2 years for the torso to grow that last inch and a half, if you want to give her a reference point, so the extra $40 for the EFTA really does get you a lot more seat...the Titan has better padding now, too, so that 15.5 inches is effectively closer to 14.5, which is why kids are too tall for it before age 3, but fit in the EFTA till age 6ish in many cases).

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Yikes, that site doesn't have the Triumph Advance to look at next to the Titan...that would really drive the point home if they did! (It's definitely 17 inches... it takes 18mos-2 years for the torso to grow that last inch and a half, if you want to give her a reference point, so the extra $40 for the EFTA really does get you a lot more seat...the Titan has better padding now, too, so that 15.5 inches is effectively closer to 14.5, which is why kids are too tall for it before age 3, but fit in the EFTA till age 6ish in many cases).

I'm sitting right here next to mine, and even pushing down, i am hard-pressed to even get 14.5..more like 14.25....

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I always thought it had like 15" max. Whereas the EFTA (though it's a pitb for rfing in a lot of cars, at least IME) has what, 17.5"? AJ still fits in it at 5.5yo and outgrew most other seats by 3.

christineka

I put my ds in the titan not long ago. His torso was 14.5 inches. He barely fit the seat. (He weighed 42 pounds at the time too and he is a short torsoed kid.

NannyMom

The top of my top slot is 15 inches, pressing down on the seat.

I really liked it when I had it in my car. I even hated my MA at first because I liked the Titan better.

We used it in DH's truck after I got my MA. Last month Sofi was very close to outgrowing it RF by height. SHe had probobly 2-3 inches above her head, but she'd just had a growth spurt (it had been 6 inches!) and I was affraid of another. Since I didn't often see her in the TItan in DH's truck (or Grandpa's) I decided to replace them before she had less than an inch and I didn't know. Also, DH's was difficult to adjust and had twisty straps. Not good for DH who would pay no attention and not tighten correctly. I didn't have the time to mess around and fix it...so out it came!

I know the Uptown's reccomended alot on here, but I like the Titan much better.

I am selling 1 Titan because we have waay to many seats :whistle: But I am keeping 1 for the next kiddo (and I'm selling the Uptown too).

Splash

If she wants it, let her get it. The Elite, not the regular (don't know if they even make the old one anymore). It's actually a nice seat. Well padded, light weight, easy to use, with reasonably high top slots. My son fits in this with about the same room as a MA. I don't own one anymore, but it was a nice seat. If she really wants it, there is nothing wrong with it.

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
I agree with Splash. If she really wants the seat and you have informed her of the pluses and minuses, let her get it. It's not a bad seat. Just outgrown early on! A few years from now when her little one outgrows it you can tell her you told her so.:)

FrogJuice

I have informed her of the correct top slot height, she has reconsidered, I think she is going to wait and save to get a marathon later this year, she already has her 1yo forward, she turned her at less then a year and less then 20lbs, I tried with that one to, didn't work, but I was worried about her getting the titan mainly because her DD is currently sitting in a safety first combination seat, and is already on the top slots, she is so tall, she is just slightly over the 2nd slots which puts her in the top slots, but it would be a waste of money for her to buy a titan that has the same or lower slot measurements.

Splash

I'd go with the Titan over the MA at this point. The MA is a waste of money for a FF child. And the Titan will last just as long height wise. The slot measurements are not the entire story, how the seat is designed and how the kid fits matter very much as well. My son will fit in the Titan just as long as he will in the Marathon, for less than half the price.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I'd go with the Titan over the MA at this point. The MA is a waste of money for a FF child. And the Titan will last just as long height wise. The slot measurements are not the entire story, how the seat is designed and how the kid fits matter very much as well. My son will fit in the Titan just as long as he will in the Marathon, for less than half the price.

Really? My dd has a slot left in an Ma, but yet is already over the top titan slots......I'm not saying you aren't telling the truth, just that I can't see how this could possibly be true......:confused: I mean, we're not talking about a half inch of difference or whatever...we're talking a good 2.5 inches? My super tiny 27 inch long/tall son is almost even with the second from top slots on a titan....yes, I like the seat, yes the shell itself is fairly tall..but the slots are really very low......I'm sitting next to it right now....I'm not hallucinating...am I? :whistle:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician

Um...pictures? (sayeth she, who's dd fit in the Marathon till 6, titan till 3 :rolleyes:)

Splash

I'm not talking about the old one, I mean the new one. I don't own it anymore (AJ bought it for $19 at Target, we gave it away long ago because we never intended to use it). Once the pad was removed, Charlie had a good deal of room left. I posted about this months ago... pics may have been included, I don't know.

The old Titan did have low slots. The new one they brought out is considerably higher.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Ah... ok. I still don't get higher measurements on that top slot, but they may have changed some other geometry that makes it fit longer, I'll give it that :)

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Splash, is this in your Forester? When I had a Forester and a Marathon, the Marathon installed *very* reclined (no matter what I did), which I think cost me almost an inch of harness usage from an already fairly short-strapped HWH seat.

monzogary

Senior Community Member
I measured the Titan Elite last April at BRU. I pushed down on the cover a bit, and got just about 14".

2422945331_6ed1fcb948.jpg

Even the Tribute measured about a half inch higher than the Titan Elite.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC