So, a placement of a 22 mo old, 4 yo, and 6 yo may be coming...

F

FutureFosterMama

I have a Mazda6 and a Scenera for the little guy (apparently quite small so would want to RF him probably), a Cosco High Back Booster for the four year old, and need to purchase another (backless?) for the 6 yo. Both the older ones do have birthdays coming up but are likely on the small size also.

Do you think I can fit three (it is the size more or less of a 626)?

Thanks,

Lisa

ADS

Longhorn Lady

I have a 626, and its a tight squeeze back there. I have fit a TB outboard, MA FF center, and Snugride outboard, so I bet you can make it work.

I'm just not sure how narrow the Cosco booster is.

my3girls

The Graco TurboBooster is one of the narrowest, 16" total. If you buy one with a back, then it can become a backless later. I would only want to use a backless if I had a lap/shoulder belt in the middle because of side impacts, but then buckling it would be such a pain.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Just wanted to wish you good luck! I'm just now started the process to get licensed for foster care. How long did it take from the time you started, till you were licensed?

urmysunshinex3

Senior Community Member
Is the Cosco you have just a booster or is it a booster/combo with the internal harness. You're going to have a tough time trying to squeeze your hands around the boosters to buckle them, especially if the boosters have arms. A Turbo booster is a great booster, but I wouldn't want to use it next to other seats like that. If the 4yo is small enough I would definitely harness her if your booster will allow. If your highback is not a booster combo I would buy one and use it with harness, and then let the 6yo use the highback you have.

Lynette

F

FutureFosterMama

urmysunshinex3 said:
Is the Cosco you have just a booster or is it a booster/combo with the internal harness. You're going to have a tough time trying to squeeze your hands around the boosters to buckle them, especially if the boosters have arms. A Turbo booster is a great booster, but I wouldn't want to use it next to other seats like that. If the 4yo is small enough I would definitely harness her if your booster will allow. If your highback is not a booster combo I would buy one and use it with harness, and then let the 6yo use the highback you have.

Lynette

Hi Lynette, the Cosco HBB can be used with the harness or as a regular booster. I am sure she's rather petite so I will harness. It does not have arms so only the TurboBooster of the three will have arm rests. Hopefully it won't be a dreadfully tight sqeeze!

F

FutureFosterMama

KaysKidz said:
Just wanted to wish you good luck! I'm just now started the process to get licensed for foster care. How long did it take from the time you started, till you were licensed?

I had a LOT to do and was waylaid by sciatica for part of it, so it took me a while (I had to find a house, buy a new car, and furnish two bedrooms, all with little to no savings!) If motivated, I'd think start to finish (assuming 8 wks of classes) could be done in under 3 months.

Good luck!!

F

FutureFosterMama

One more question...

With a Cosco Highback Booster (with harness), a RF Scenera, and a Graco TurboBooster, how would you arrange the seats?

Thanks!

Lisa

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Depending on if there are lap/shoulder belts in all positions, the easiest will likely be Turbobooster outboard (on the side where the center seat does NOT buckle, so you won't be accidently releasing the wrong seat!), harnessed booster center, and rf scenera outboard.

And things are moving quickly. Classes here will likely only take 3 weeks if I do it on Saturdays...as it's 27 hours of training. I've already talked with the lady, and they are excited to have me on board. I've got my physicals already scheduled for 8/22. I'm just waiting to hear back on a day/time to get all the paper work filled out get my classes scheduled. She said classes are held all the time, so it shouldn't take too long to get in.

My expenses will be minimal, as I already have everything for daycare. The only thing I really need is some clothing, bottles, diapers, baby bath & towels...things like that. I'm shopping on eBay right now while the kids are napping! LOL

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC