Car Seat Recommendation

U

Unregistered

I am a first time parent and my husband and I are starting to look for a new car seat for our son and we are unsure what to get. My son will be 7 months on Jan 5, and at his December checkup he weighed 21 lbs and was 26'' long. He is currently in the Graco SafeSeat and still has room length wise, but he gains weight so fast we are worried he will be out of the seat soon (he has already tripled his birth weight). We have two cars, one is a Hyundai Elentra and the other is a Pontiac G6. When I go back to work in a few months we will be sharing the dropping off and picking up from daycare duties, so we would ideally like to get 2 seats, so we are looking for the best seat we can afford to buy twice. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

ADS

bubbaray

Wait for the TrueFit to go on sale ($150) at Zellers and get two of those. That's probably your cheapest option.

Other seats that I like are the Britax Marathon & Sunshine Kids Radian.

amyd

The TF is really one of the best seats we've got here in Canada:thumbsup: It's the only seat that rear-faces to 35lbs here.

If you want another option, the Evenflo Triumph Advance is also a good seat and is about $150 at Sears usually.

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
What's "better" - TrueFit or EFTA?
Thanks

Well, for straight comparision

TF
- rf to 35 lbs
- ff to 65 lbs
- slightly higher top harness slots
- $199 w/o sale but has been on sale for as low as $150

EFTA
- rf to 30 lbs
- ff to 47 lbs
- $150 regular but on sale for $20-30 less

There are other features that each has but the other doesn't. Of course, fit, ease of use, ease of installation, etc. are also important factors when choosing a carseat. So if they both fit your child well with room to grow, fit properly and easily in your vehicle(s), and you can use either equally easily and correctly, I'd say the TF give you better bang for your buck.

abemom2

Thanks for the info. But my DH decided that it isn't always possible to rent a minivan, (we don't own a car yet) so he prefers to get another Radian, even though it's really heavy, to be able to do 3 across. See my new post as to the cover/fabric questions.

Unless a Radian, Scenera and TF would work in a med.- full size car.

Thanks again.

U

Unregistered

Thank you for your help! I think we will be getting the True Fit for my son, it looks very comfortable and I have read what everyone has been say about it and it sounds like it is a very good car seat and I am happy it will allow me to keep him rear-facing for as long as possible. Thanks again for you help!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC