How wide is the Safety 1st "Intera" without the base ?

Lea_Ontario

I just saw this seat on the sears.ca website. It looks like it may be fairly slim WITHOUT it's base.

It's not in that dimensions database yet though - does anyone know how wide it is without it's base ?

Also - can it be used without the base attached at all ? Probably should have been my first question actually !

ADS

Splash

It's SUPER narrow. It is the narrowest US convertible and also has the highest top slots of any 40 pound convertible. AND it's a good booster. The Intera really is a winner for Cosco.

Lea_Ontario

If I can swing the money - I might have just found the solution to my 3-across car-seat problems.

Too bad it only harnesses to 40 lbs though :( :( I REALLY wish it was to 47 or 48 lbs, as my son is no where NEAR ready for a booster.

BUT - if the lowest harness slots are low enough for a newborn (my babies have been 7#8 and 8#12 - both 20" long) they should fit both rear-facing outboard spots, with my son FF in the centre.

Ugh - $500 to find now. YIKES !

Splash

OUCH!
They're only $90 here :(
Were you not able to take the arms off of Owen's seat? Or does it still not work?
What about a Graco CarGo for him? Will that not fit FF with two RF marathons? It's very low profile... might fit three across with two marathons. I know that's still 2 seats to buy though.
I KNOW you can do this! I've done it! But your seat selection is so limited...

Can't you just peel a sticker off a canadian carseat and stick it to a US one and fake it.... <i'm a bad bad person>

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Looks like it be around $500 for two...so not too bad. I snooped...it's $229 each. Actually looks like a decent seat.

Lea_Ontario

The arms are off of Boo's seat now. That didn't help with the seats we have (Generations, Marathon, SnugRide).

Can't get the one on sale - do NOT have $250 right now.

And Cannot find a CarGo anywhere locally !!

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC