Strollers that fit a car seat on top

RJB78

CPST Instructor
I really don't know anything about strollers, so bear with me. BIL and SIL were going to get a Graco travel system, but ended up getting an Evenflo infant carrier from their local car seat program.

Now they have two issues.

1. They want to know if you can buy a stroller that their car seat will fit on top of separately.

or

2. Should they keep the free Evenflo seat and bite the bullet to get a travel system? Is it worth it? They are on a tight budget (he's in school right now).

3. Or should they keep the seat, not worry about the travel system, and get a separate stroller.

Keep in mind that the mother will be flying with the baby in April, so any stroller they get, they'd like to be lightweight. Are travel system strollers lightweight?

Thanks for any quick help. They're due in less than 2 weeks. ;)

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Any Evenflo stroller will work. Also, any universal stroller, they will have straps to buckle over the sar seat.

BW1426

Also, make sure the Evenflo fits in their vehicle. The handle must be down when in the car and there has to be at least an inch of clearance between handle and front seat. Also, double check to make sure it isn't recalled. They shouldn't be handing out seats that are recalled, but it still cannot hurt to check.

ETA: :doh: you're a tech. Sorry :eek:

RJB78

CPST Instructor
That's okay. :) They sent pics (they live out of state), and I checked it already. I was hugely disappointed that the place they got the seat installed it for them without the education. I told them that's not what's supposed to happen, and I talked them through it and analyzed the pictures.

Kalinky

Senior Community Member
I have a Kolcraft Contours Options 4 wheeler stroller (click on alternate images at the bottom of that page to see it with an infant seat). It accomodates the Evenflo infant seats. For use with the infant seat, you use a seperate attachment that comes with it. When baby gets bigger, you use the stroller seat, which can be rear facing or forward facing. I get comments on it all the time and it is a BREEZE to push/steer with one hand.

Here is a Google shopping search: Google search

I highly recommend it! :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC