3 across in Corolla

cdncasper

I need help please. I am trying to help someone with 3 across in a 2000Corolla when new baby comes this May.
At that time there will be a 5 1/2 yr old, 3 yr old and newborn. Not sure what seats they currently have and safety is a big issue for them. I am waiting on weights/heights of children but so far know that the 5 yr old is over 40lbs already. This is in Canada so our options are limited though mom will buy whatever she needs to.

I am thinking booster for oldest, Radian for middle and depends on if they want infant or convertible for baby than either another Radian or snugride/???

What would you do?

ADS

mommy2zander+baby

Senior Community Member
I was able to fit two graco nautiluses with the safe seat two with base in my friends corolla... The second door did move the outboard carseat a pinch...

It was a better fit with the two nautis & a rear-facing radian in the center, so she ordered a radian... her baby was 6 mos & heavy, as is the safe seat 2, so she was fine with that, but some families might really want the carrier...

Your friend may need/want the second ff seat to be a booster- if that's the case, someone will surely chime in to say if graco's turbo booster is the same width as the nauti or if another booster is narrower... Getting her hand in there to buckle the booster may be an issue, so if the 5 year old is small, she may want a nauti... I believe the radian is narrower, but the top harness height I believe is lower, which may be an issue for the 5 year old...

At least one radian sure does help with the space issue. I know the radian installs ff & rf in the center, but I never checked outboard as my friend insisted baby had to be in center for fairness to other two kids!! :p

Good luck!! How fun to play around with new carseats & getting them installed...

vangelder03

I was able to fit two graco nautiluses with the safe seat two with base in my friends corolla... The second door did move the outboard carseat a pinch...

It was a better fit with the two nautis & a rear-facing radian in the center, so she ordered a radian... her baby was 6 mos & heavy, as is the safe seat 2, so she was fine with that, but some families might really want the carrier...

Your friend may need/want the second ff seat to be a booster- if that's the case, someone will surely chime in to say if graco's turbo booster is the same width as the nauti or if another booster is narrower... Getting her hand in there to buckle the booster may be an issue, so if the 5 year old is small, she may want a nauti... I believe the radian is narrower, but the top harness height I believe is lower, which may be an issue for the 5 year old...

At least one radian sure does help with the space issue. I know the radian installs ff & rf in the center, but I never checked outboard as my friend insisted baby had to be in center for fairness to other two kids!! :p

Good luck!! How fun to play around with new carseats & getting them installed...
we have a 2008 toyota corolla and with the 2 nauti and the safeseat the doors wouldn't shut i would try a radian the safeseat and a nautilus

Last edited:

cdncasper

Do you think an Evenflo combination seat(used with harness), Radian FF and snugride or safeseat would fit?

Her daughter is 5 yrs but only 43" and 40lbs so pretty small still. She is ok with either harnessed seat or a booster. Her son needs to get out of his seat ASAP cause it is 9 yrs old. And they need a new infant seat cause they lent out theirs.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC