Traveling with Cosco Scenera

Status
Not open for further replies.

trashtrishy

I bought the Cosco Scenera for traveling and also for use in our second car. My question is how do people travel with Scenera in the airport? Do I need to buy a luggage foldable pullcarte?

ADS

LEAW

Here's a pic of what we do ;)

Scenara is in the stroller (it's a chicco london) where it fits snugly and just right... baby is in a mei tai, though we now prefer the ergo carrier. diaper bag, carry on, and laptop are on top of the car seat.

IF we go somewhere that I don't want/need the stroller, I put the seat in a $20 eddie bauer car seat bag, then the carry on in the seat, zip the bag shut, wear the baby (though she does like to walk now).

And then ask for help at the gate, at security, at the ticket agent, etc.

IF you have another adult with you, one carries the car seat, one carries the kid. Just remember not to carry the car seat by the harness.

IMG_0788.sized.jpg

U

Unregistered

I have travelled with the Scenera on several plane trips in the past year. Most of the time I simply carried it, it really isn't very heavy at all. This last trip I used a car seat bag that I had along to carry a Parkway on the return trip. I did find it was easier to carry in the bag mostly because there were more places to hang on to it and could change my grip to 'rest' my hands. I could also sling it over my shoulder when needed (and carry 4yr old dd whose legs didn't always move quite fast enough!!) It was a little awkward getting it out of the bag once on the plane but not bad.
On our return trip we used the bag for the booster which got gate checked. I was glad we had the bag. While it was not padded (we got the Eddie Baur ) it was very sturdy material and I think offered some protection as well as a safe place for the airline workers to hang on to the bag. I must say having wheels may have made a bag even more convienient.
C.

tjham

When I need to carry my Scenera, I hook the tether strap in the back to a spot in the bottom area to use as a shoulder strap and sling it over my shoulder.

Lilsid

When we take the Scenera as a traveling seat I strap it to a wheeled luggage cart with a bungee cord. Then I strap DD in to the car seat and off we go. It works great and it’s easy.

Ali

We bought small s-style hooks at BRU. I just hooked them onto the stroller and hooked the other side of the "s" to the carseat. It fit right onto the back of our stroller. DD or a backpack needed to be in the stroller to prevent tipping, but it was great!

(This was with a MA on a Graco Mosaic stroller)

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I see that our archive of past posts is fruitful for those who are searching through or perusing older posts. :) Carrying a carseat by the harness generally isn't advisable because it could potentially stretch or damage the harness and/or harness adjuster mechanism and compromise the carseat's performance in a crash situation. If you have additional carseat related concerns or questions, please feel free to start a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC