Phil & Teds E3 Stroller

munchkin

How much would you pay for one? There is one on Craigslist.

Here is what the add says

Great condtion from a smoke free home. Comes with E3 doubles kit,extra front seat, rain cover, and handbag with drink holders. 4 position ergonomic seat adjusters from flat for a newborn to up right for a toddler(Birth to 5 years), lockable front swivel wheel.

The pics look great and she said there are no rips or tears.

ADS

MOM25BOYS

Ugh, I want one soooo bad:p and if it in the condition she described I would easily pay $350 or maybe a little more if it is a newer one and the color I wanted.:D I have seen a couple on my CL going for around $400 that are a couple of years old. Did she say what year she bought it in?

munchkin

no year, but in the pics it looks really nice. She wants $200 for it. I don't really need it, but I should go for it?

MOM25BOYS

Heck yeah, for that price I would jump all over one!:p I really don't need anymore carseats, but if one came along for the right price I would have to get it.:eek: What color is it? Sorry, not trying to be nosy, just curious...:whistle:

MOM25BOYS

Munchkin my opionin is you would be crazy to pass that up! It looks like a newer style and like it has been kept up really well.:thumbsup: Man I wish I lived in near you, I would so snag that if you passed it up.:whistle::D

munchkin

It's mine! I don't know if I really want it though :eek:. It is in very good condition and has all the extras. But it's red, the worst color. It steers so easy. Now I just need a couple of kids to use it for.

seamonkeys

It's mine! I don't know if I really want it though :eek:. It is in very good condition and has all the extras. But it's red, the worst color. It steers so easy. Now I just need a couple of kids to use it for.

How funny, since you changed your signature and avatar, I didn't realize who it was started the thread! Yeah, kids would help! And yes, red isn't my first choice for the P&T (I have navy), but at that price, I would have bought it!

MOM25BOYS

Yay Munchkin!:D I am glad you got it and I am sure that if you ever decide to let it go that it want be hard to find a buyer......:whistle:

southpawboston

congrats!!! we got our e3 doubles on CL for $200. make sure it has the rear fender recall and folding mechanism recall both applied to it. if it doesn't, just call regal lager (the parent company) and have them mail you the two recall kits (they're free). they're easy to install. :thumbsup:

celtic1885

Wow! You are so lucky! I've been stalking my CL trying to find one. I saw one (red) with the doubles kit at IKEA a couple of months ago...........

munchkin

And yes, red isn't my first choice for the P&T (I have navy), but at that price, I would have bought it!

Yay Munchkin!:D I am glad you got it and I am sure that if you ever decide to let it go that it want be hard to find a buyer......:whistle:

i love ours and that's a great price.

Wow! Great deal considering a new setup just like it would cost upwards of $500! My P&T's is red and I LOVE it! ;)

Wow! You are so lucky! I've been stalking my CL trying to find one. I saw one (red) with the doubles kit at IKEA a couple of months ago...........

Ok, with everyone raving about a P&T and saying this is a great deal I feel a little better about spoiling myself with one. And if I ever get tired of it, one of you will have to buy it!

congrats!!! we got our e3 doubles on CL for $200. make sure it has the rear fender recall and folding mechanism recall both applied to it. if it doesn't, just call regal lager (the parent company) and have them mail you the two recall kits (they're free). they're easy to install. :thumbsup:

She gave me two pieces that she said went over the wheels and a couple sheets of info about what they are for. But she didn't say anything about the folding mechanism. Is there something I should look for to know that it is fixed? Thanks!

Thanks everyone, for making me feel better about this choice, I know I can always count on you all for good opinions :thumbsup:.

seamonkeys

She gave me two pieces that she said went over the wheels and a couple sheets of info about what they are for. But she didn't say anything about the folding mechanism. Is there something I should look for to know that it is fixed? Thanks!

Check the paperwork. It sounds like she gave you the wheel guards. But here are the links to both recalls, depending on which you need: Hinge covers, and wheel guards.

Yeah, SUPER deal, the sport model without the double seat was starting at $399 last I looked!!

MOM25BOYS

Ok, with everyone raving about a P&T and saying this is a great deal I feel a little better about spoiling myself with one. And if I ever get tired of it, one of you will have to buy it!

First one waiting in line...:whistle: I know you will love it, well once you get some kiddo's in it, lol.:p

firemomof3

I loved my phil & ted!! I had mine for about 4 years and was NOT gentle with it (ran it over with the car a few times, 3 trips to FL and back, theme park trips with soaking wet kids jumping in & out...:eek:) This stroller held up SO well, its pretty amazing. If you do need to replace any parts its easy to do and fairly inexpensive. I sold my phil & ted last year :( and I regret it every day!! Best of luck with yours, you'll love it :thumbsup:

southpawboston

If you do need to replace any parts its easy to do and fairly inexpensive

true. regal lager sells almost every part of the E3 as a replacement part, and they don't gouge you on them. the most common thing to go is the bottom footwell/basket. it stretches and begins to drag on the ground, and the side supports rip near the snaps. DW just sewed ours back into service, using reinforced quilting thread. it's even stronger than new :thumbsup:. although, a replacement basket section is only $25 and i think that includes the front footwell as well.

munchkin

Check the paperwork. It sounds like she gave you the wheel guards. But here are the links to both recalls, depending on which you need: Hinge covers, and wheel guards.

Yeah, SUPER deal, the sport model without the double seat was starting at $399 last I looked!!

Thanks for the links. She gave me the wheel guards and I ordered the hinge covers.

I loved my phil & ted!! I had mine for about 4 years and was NOT gentle with it (ran it over with the car a few times, 3 trips to FL and back, theme park trips with soaking wet kids jumping in & out...:eek:) This stroller held up SO well, its pretty amazing. If you do need to replace any parts its easy to do and fairly inexpensive. I sold my phil & ted last year :( and I regret it every day!! Best of luck with yours, you'll love it :thumbsup:

Thanks!

true. regal lager sells almost every part of the E3 as a replacement part, and they don't gouge you on them. the most common thing to go is the bottom footwell/basket. it stretches and begins to drag on the ground, and the side supports rip near the snaps. DW just sewed ours back into service, using reinforced quilting thread. it's even stronger than new :thumbsup:. although, a replacement basket section is only $25 and i think that includes the front footwell as well.

Thanks, now I will know to keep an eye on mine. THe front seat foot part has a couple of marks from her kids stepping up into the seat, but I figured Mya will probably do the same thing so I am ok with that.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC