Question about Australian Carseats (no chest clip?)

delgirrrl

Sorry I lost track of this thread before we headed home early December! :D
Thanks for all the info.

One question though, it seems to be counter-intuitive to say that the chest clip is just a positionin guide and isn't necessary in the sense of actually helping in a crash, yet in NA we say that the positioning of the chest clip is very important. If it is just to help position everything else, then as long as it was in the general right area (ie. not at the throat to choke a little one...) then that should be good enough... Do you know what i mean? I'm not arguing the placement of the clip, just that the two points seem to conflict in my mind..

The split on the crotch strap is interesting. Drove my little one nuts, she kept telling me she had a boo-boo and pulling at it, seemed to dig into her thighs no matter what I did. Any particular rationale for this that anyone knows about?

thanks again!

Interestingly I was thinking about the chest clip yesterday. I have a Boulevard RFing for one of my kids, and it seems the straps might be at risk of sliding off her shoulders in certain impacts, were it not for the chest clip. However, IMHO the straps on my Australian seat, and swedish seat wouldn't. I think the US seats position the straps slightly differently than the European and Australian seats.

Re the crotch strap split, this is to "reduce genital loading" in the event of impact. So says Britax's australian arm anyway. I'd be inclined to agree, it seems to me to be preferable when strapping in a boy, anyway.

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC