I hope this was a good thing to do....

it was rather an impulse more than anything else. I couldnt keep my fingertips away from E-Bay................

BRAND NEW in box DOM is August 2008 Britax Marathon in Herringbone pattern and got free shipping all for $227.00 I know I could of gotten a girly print (I have a BOY) for alot cheaper but then if you get a new cover and go through all of that you might as well just pay the $227.00 and be done with it right?

I have searched online for this pattern too and it seems I got the best price so far.....So tell me girls, be honest with me, what do you think? Good deal or not so good????

Oh and another tidbit, I recieved $100.00 towards a new seat from my parents anyways, so I am just paying 127.00 from my own pocket.

But dont let that sway you in telling me if this was a good deal or not.

THANKS!!!! :rolleyes:

ADS

natysr

IMO, even full retail price is a good deal for a Marathon, simply because I LOVE this seat.

If that is the exact cover that you were looking for, and it is the seat that you want, then don't worry about if you could have saved a few bucks. I think you got a good deal anyway.

Well it is the seat that I want but I dont know really about how the Herringbone cover feels or anything, I havent seen it in person at all.
And since this cover is more unisex than the cheaper girly prints I went with this one. But for 227.00 WITH free shipping, is that a good price?
Oh and is the herringbone cover a new one?

misskerri

Congrats on your new seat! I will keep my fingers crossed that you foound a good ebay seller. :)

I can totally understand not wanting a girly cover when you have a little boy. I never would have bought either of the MAs I just bought for Claudia for Nicholas. :)

natysr

Herringbone is not my fave...but, I can totally see you going into a cover obsession and start hording them anyway..... ;)

You can always keep an eye out for replacement covers on Craigslist and ebay.

In general, it is a good deal. Because of the Target mishap though, there will be other "better" deals that will come along here and there. (I'm selling my Oct 08 cowmoo locally for 200 even, so that is an awesome deal) But that doesn't make 227 a bad deal. It still is a good deal.

lidarln

I did close to the same thing, I wanted a seat that would fit in DH's car well NOW and after trying every seat at BRU and a few more from target (including the serena) the marathon and BLVD gave us the best installs in ceter RF position... so I got caught up in the auction and got a Granite blvd for 170 with free ship.... i could have gotten the same seat cheaper but i didn't... i still think I got a decent deal though.... sounds like you did too :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC