Baby Trend Flex Loc infant seat?

U

Unregistered

Does anyone own this? What do you think of it? I need a new infant seat and was thinking about this one as the price is reasonable. The Graco Snugride seems too uncomfortable with flat padding, and it is the only other thing I've seen in this price range. Thanks!

Kimberly

ADS

sirrahn

I also used the Latch-loc and really liked it. I just moved my 15 mo old DD out of it into a Roundabout and I have half a mind to put her back. She's a peanut at barely 18lbs and still has a smidge of room heightwise since she's all legs.

She just fits so nicely in the LL still, and it fit her great as a newborn too. I love the adjustable back. At first I thought I wasn't going to like the puzzle buckle, but I eventually got used to it.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Another former Latch Loc user here and I really liked the adjustable back feature. The puzzle buckle did take a little getting used to, but it was very nice to be able to adjust the shoulder harness height and headwings without having to rethread the straps.

Splash

I LOVED my Latch Loc but really hated the handle! Not the design, the fact that it was almost impossible to put down!
The Flex-Loc though is very different. It does NOT have the adjustable back OR the higher weight limits and I think it also lacks EPS foam. I wouldn't buy a flex-loc, but if you have lower anchors in your car, the Latch-Loc is AWESOME! Also look at the Graco Safeseat1. About the same price, very padded, super easy to install and use.

But I would go with a SnugRide over a Flex-Loc if those are your only options. Actually, I'd skip the infant seat altogether if price is that much of an issue and just go straight to a convertible.

super_grape

No, it's the same...and they do have one with a movable
back. I saw the Malawi Flex Loc at BRU when I was pregnant
w/Allie and it was REALLY cute (it had a movable back)!
I wanted it soooo much but didn't want to buy yet another
"illegal" seat, lol!

I agree with Splashand the OP's that the LL is pretty awesome!
I installed it in my best friends Quest w/LATCH and
that was THE best installation I have ever seen with
an infant seat....you couldn't move that sucker in ANY direction!
And it took all of 30 seconds to do, just hook it on and push
the base towards the seat...no kness, no nothing!

Here's BT's info on the FL:
http://www.babytrend.com/carseats/flexloc.htm

U

Unregistered

Thank you all for the replies. I went ahead and ordered it from Target, as well as this Graco:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.htm...980065-6635310?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B000E0IKWG

The Flex-Loc came today and it seems ok- the material doesn't feel all that great and the triangle handle is funky, but the shoulder height adjusts easily with a knob in the back. I'm waiting for the Graco Safeseat to come and then I'll compare them in more detail and try them out in my Sienna. Then I'll return whichever one I like least. I'm so annoyed to have to do this, but my local Target and BRU have a very poor selection of infant carseats. Is this typical?

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
I was in TRU Friday and I looked at the Flex-Locks LATCH attachments.

If you plan on using LATCH--I think I would go with the Flex-Lock....the attachments look like they would be much easier to work with than the Graco ones.

It seems so few companies really put ANY thought into making the LATCH attachments user friendly. The best ones I've seen are from Britax, Chicco and BabyTrend..

Susan

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC