Target price match policy

crunchierthanthou

for all y'all who aren't boycotting them-

Target will price match wal-mart through the holidays.

During the holidays, Target will remain "keenly focused" on offering low prices on national brands and its own products and will match Wal-Mart prices on identical items in local markets, said Kathryn Tesija, Target's executive vice president of merchandise.

article on msnbc

that's big! especially for those of us who don't ever shop at Wal-mart.

ADS

BW1426

That's awesome :thumbsup:

I would MUCH rather give my business to Target than Walmart. Thanks for posting Crunchy.

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
That's awesome :thumbsup:

I would MUCH rather give my business to Target than Walmart. Thanks for posting Crunchy.

Problem being is that most of the time when they price match it must be an IDENTICAL item...down to the item number.

Wal-mart has thousands of "wal-mart only" items...like all those lovely Cosco seats that are "6894-WAL" or whatever...

So while it sounds cool, and beleive you me I'd much rather give my business to Target, I doubt it's going to make TOO much difference. :(

itzmeigh

Tritto!

And ususally it has to be an Advertised price and some of the best sales aren't in the adds.

I don't mind shoppig at Wal-Mart. I guess when it comes to the big box stores I don't see that much difference between Wal-Mart and Target.

Heather98012

I'd rather chew glass than shop at Walmart. I just refuse to give them one cent of my money. They are abhorrent, IMO.

But I love the price matching thing at Target! :thumbsup:

TheNimpsGirl

It looks like it was poorly worded, and they are NOT matching prices, just comitted to having competitive prices :thumbsdown:

http://attentiontargetshoppers.blogspot.com/2008/11/target-price-match-policy-changes.html

Agreed about poor wording choices.

Having competitive prices and matching other stores prices are NOT the same thing. I assure you that Target is NOT price matching in the sense that if you see it advertised at X store, Target will match it for that X price. They will not; it is against written store policy. Target does not even price match between b&m stores (so if an item is listed at $X at one store that's what it is at that store, not your store) or price match between their b&m stores and their on-line prices. Target instead offers a policy where if you buy an item in the store (and aparently some times on line) and see it advertised IN the weekly flyer (it must be pictured and cannot be a Tempory Price Cut) within 14 business days you can bring back your reciept and recieve an adjustment for the sale price for that item.

As far as the whole reference to Wal-mart and K-Mart, Target has launched something recently you should see around the stores that "flag" items as being competitively price matched. The flags are white with red wording (I can't remember what they say, but something about shopping for less). I assure you that is what they probably mean when they say they are price matching Wal-mart in prices. It is in fact the responsibility of a team at each Target to lower and raise the prices on thousands of items each week; it always has been, they are now just "flagging" some of the items they do this with (beyond the TPC flags you see). You can see this if you track the prices of items like ketchup (serouisly, it goes up and down by a cent or two each week usually).

brightredmtn

especially for those of us who don't ever shop at Wal-mart.

That would be me too. I don't even know where a Wal-Mart is... Maybe now I need to find out to see what the prices are and then go to Target.

I was just at Target and I forgot a shower cap. They also still had Mother's Circus Animal Cookies. OK now I'm just rambling...

TheNimpsGirl

what?! well, that's a bummer. sorry for the misinformation. :(

Eh, no harm done I'm sure :)

And I just reread what I wrote earlier... sorry if that came across harsh or rude, LoL. I'm so use to spitting that information out this time of year that it sounds mechanical at times I guess (I get asked at least a few times a week about the pricing policy).

vangelder03

I love walmart 4 months of shopping there and i will have saved the money
needed for 3 new car seats.
was a loyal target shopper the car seat problem and then getting yelled at
first shopping trip saved 136 dollars yeah.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC