BRU/TRU car seat return policy

PEIMommyof2

I ordered a Frontier :D online from TRU/BRU. I was told when I called the return policy is 90 days because of Christmas. Is this true for a car seat too? There are no TRU/BRU stores here on the Island and I'll have to see if my DD fits well and I can get a good install. I'm just checking to see what my options are. I know car seat return policies may be different. I know there are a few TRU/BRU employees on here!!

I was debating on what to get a Frontier or Nautilus???? Since my DD is a good sized kid (not petite) over 43" and 47lbs (will be 5 yrs in Jan) I thought a frontier may suit her better. (more leg and shoulder room) My DS may be about the same build as her when he reaches this age??.

I sure hope there are more cover options soon. She will miss her girly marathon!!!!
thanks

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Carseats fall into normal return policy provided they haven't been used (unless something is wrong with them.) I'm not sure if baby stuff is in the 90 day return policy or not, but at the minimum it's 45 days. You could always try and reach the store you'd likely return to and ask there.

I expect that carseat return policies are going to vary slightly store to store, but it's basically a case of if it's been bought, tried to install and just didn't work, then they should take the return.

techie

Carseats fall into normal return policy provided they haven't been used (unless something is wrong with them.) I'm not sure if baby stuff is in the 90 day return policy or not, but at the minimum it's 45 days. You could always try and reach the store you'd likely return to and ask there.

I expect that carseat return policies are going to vary slightly store to store, but it's basically a case of if it's been bought, tried to install and just didn't work, then they should take the return.

I agree. Call the store you are likely to return to and talk to a manager. As long as it's resellable, intact with manual and warrenty card, there should be no problem returning it, even if it is slightly over the 45days.

U

Unregistered

I am a BRU employee. We have a 90 day return policy with the original box and receipt.

Lea_Ontario

One of our managers pulled the baby associates aside a couple of nights ago, and said that we can't allow any car seat returns if the seat has been used at all. Basically, if it's been out of the box, it needs to go to the manufacturer and not us.

I think it's *just* our store though, as prior to this, car seats fell under the 45-day return policy.

BUT - we had a booster returned a few days ago, within the 45 day limit, with receipt, that had been in an accident.

ETA - our store has not offered an extended return period because of the holidays. It's still 45 days.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC