2001 dodge grand caravan users?

ginny4

do you love it? i'd really prefer a 04 sienna 8 passenger but our budget is in no way ready for it. so my next fav is the 01 grand caravan. mainly for latch abilities. :p
of course by time anyone responds we might be owners of one. we have to replace our totalled 94 GC quickly. seeing one tonight & we are prepared for purchase if it is a nice as it says & looks in pics as it claims.

so let me know your thoughts good or bad. do know a few cons for me which is the center 3rd row is lap belt & no headrest but i can live with that for some time so it's OK. otherwise i love the LATCH. i also knwo that in that 3rd row it is either use just center or just outboard never all 3 at once. anything else?

ADS

Maggie

I Love mine! We weren't looking for one, but we given the chance to purchase one for $1800! I snatched it up. I love my power sliding doors and power liftgate. I LOVE that I have top tethers in all 5 seating positions and LATCH in all 5. Well, the rear can only be used in the middle only or the two outer positions.

ginny4

WOW now i'm jealous. i can't believe for so little. gee & i was just so happy we got one for 4100 with warranty. so i'm VERY happy with our new purchase. YAY!! the kids were mad when i wouldn't let them rid ein it on the way home. mean mommy made them ride in our old beat up gonna be totalled car. OMG the power liftgate is AMAZING!!! i'll have to look in the manual but i so need to LOCK the power doors- my lil guy kept pressing that side door button to open & close it. UGH. next is to figureout where everyone sits.

LuvMyGirls

I had one and loved it! I only sold it to buy a 2003. My '01 only had the passenger power door, but the '03 had both power side doors and the power lift gate. The power lift gate will get stuck open and drive you crazy! The dealers have no permanent fix. When it happens, just raise the lift gate, put a pen in the "hole" in the latch and pull down while hitting the unlock button on your key fob.

The power button you son is pressing will only work when the van is in park and the doors are unlocked.

$4100 is super cheap ($1800 is unbelievably cheap!). We bought mine salvaged in 2003 and rebuilt it. It had been hit lightly in the front but hard enough to blow the airbags - the same hit my 2003 had when we bought it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC