New Maxi Cosi booster at TRU

ADS

canadiangie

I like that it has 'armrests' so to speak. Absorbs some of the crash force rather than the hips bearing the brunt. And that it looks like they (the armrests) won't be difficult to buckle around. Sort of a nice blend... not annoying (IMO) like the TB, but not absent either (like the PW for example).

the headrest anchor is very interesting. http://www.maxi-cosi.com/maxicosi/instructions.aspx?id=14 probably not the best link, but it does show how the headrest anchor works. Certainly not going to work in all vehicles, but it isn't a feature that requires mandatory use either.

the price is of course bananas. a quick google and I found a Rodi on amazon for $69. so the $199 up here is a little steep, but maybe it will go on sale over time... ?? And yes I do realize that the Mico is $199 and sells, and the Priori is $250 and will sell because it is afterall "maxi cosi".

all in all, I'm happy to see another decent booster hit our market. :thumbsup:

thanks for the link OP. :)

smurf

Thanks for the link to the demo. (I like the "clack" sound!)

Difficult choices to be made next year when DD will outgrow her Radian: Clek Oobr, another Parkway or now this new Maxi-Cosi... tough decision ahead! I've ruled out the Monterrey because it's too wide.

scatterbunny

Isn't Maxi Cosi made by Dorel? I thought I read that the Rodi needed vehicle head support like all the other Dorel boosters. If it does, then it's not a choice that I'll consider (Ford Focus with no rear headrests), but it looks really cool otherwise.

smurf

My understanding is that Maxi Cosi is a European brand now distributed my Dorel ("Maxi-Cosi" in France and Belgium is like saying "baby bucket", kind of like Kleenex for tissue here).

The demo shows the "anchor" fastening behind the headrest (I kind of like that feature) but I don't know if headrests are mandatory.

Yikes, the other thing is the price tag, $199! :eek: Another Parkway (if I can find one) suddenly seems more attractive.

scatterbunny

Maxi Cosi seats are sold in Europe, yes, but from my understanding, the Maxi Cosi seats sold in the US are not identical to the ones sold in Europe (including the Rodi).

I did some searching around here and found these two bits of information:

Posted by Heather/Murphydog:

Rodi XR booster seat (http://www.maxi-cosi.com/maxicosi/pr...language=de-en )
this was more impressive, sturdier
the torso wings were width-adjustable to some extent, the head wings were beefier
EPP foam
doesn't convert to backless booster, but it does recline

I forgot to write down the measurement for the belt guide on the Rodi XR, but it was unimpressive. I think it was around 19".

Posted by Julie/joolsplus3:

Even the Maxi Cosi Rodi requires head support (it's a Dorel).

I couldn't find anything straight out of the Rodi manual, though, or specific to the RodiXR regarding the headrest. Considering all other Dorel HBBs require vehicle head support, and this Rodi is not exactly modeled after the EU Rodi, I'll err on the side of caution and believe it needs head support until I have confirmation otherwise. :)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'll have to try to remember where I heard that, but I remember being extremely disappointed when I did :thumbsdown:. We've had the Rodi in the US for, what, almost/over 2 years now? I've not known anyone who's owned one in real life (hence the clearance price of 69...hmm...maybe I need to buy one? lol)
The EU one has excellent ratings in the 'oeamtc kindersitze' (google that) ratings, though it maybe has been a couple years since they posted the videos (the head stayed very well contained in the wings in a side crash!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC