Help please! :D Can you recommend a stroller that is forward facing and rear facing?

UmRafiq

I was going to get a PP P3 but I realized that I think my son would like to see me and me be able to talk to him. I have always worn him in a carrier so he is used to being very close to me. Anyone know a similar stroller with this feature?? Thanks!!

ADS

BW1426

Bumbleride Queen B, Bumbleride Flyer, Kolcraft Contours, Bugaboo, Peg Perego Skate and I'm sure I've missed a few.

Rosey

Peg Perego makes one! Just the step up from the P3, I think it is called the Uno now. It makes a carry cot style bassinet (with no extra attachment needed) and a regular stroller or it takes a car seat. If you want to go cheaper you could get it used, but it used to be called the Venezia. And it is lighter than most of the more modern looking ones like the Skate.

Yep, called the Uno: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000WK46FI?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=shopzilla_rev_20-20&linkCode=asn
But it is $407 on albeebaby.com

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
I have a Dreamer Design Park Avenue that I bought from Lovinwaves and it has quickly grown to be one of my favorites.

Extremely versatile and it's got a tall handle on it which I really like for being a shorty. I was actually just standing out in the garage debating which strollers were going to go into storage for the winter and that one was the only one that I was adamant about keeping out.

lovemyfamily

I have the Uppa Baby Vista, in Denny (red) and I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! It has been the best stroller, and I have had many. DD loves to face me and she sits up high so she can see, she loves to sleep in it, it works great with the Brookspond stroller blanket, I have that on there now since it is winter, the basket is huge, it has a decent fold, can be folded with the seat attached but folds more compact if you remove it. The ONLY thing I would say would be a complaint is the width. While it isn't a REALLY wide stroller, I went from a Peg Perego P3 to it, and it is quite a bit wider than the P3, so it took some getting use to.
It is VERY similar to the Bugaboo, but many ladies on Strollerswap who have had both, like the Vista the same or better than their Bugaboo. It gets just as many stares as the Bugaboo. LOL

Lara

The Valco Rad and Icoo Targo also have reversible seats!

If I had unlimited funds and needed a good stroller, I think I'd go with the Icoo. Its really cool looking!

Rosey

So the PP Switch only has a bumper bar, not child tray? Mildly disappointing. Does the snap n go feature accomodate only PP car seat? My speakers don't work so I cannot hear the video sound, but it sure looks cool!!

lil96

I have the PP seat, so I don't know about other car seats. On the switch, you cannot sit the car seat on the stroller seat (as opposed to the P3, where the lever, I mean ganciaomatic system lol pop through the seat.) How/where do the attachments go on the P3 to hold down other brand car seats. I can check for you if you know.

I don't know about the bar/tray because here all the Peg strollers only come with the bar, you have to special order a snack tray. I prefer the bar to the snack tray, but if you want a snack tray, you get a snack tray :)

I like that the seat lays all the way flat, most seats say they do, but are at 170* or something, this one is completely flat. Mine is a 2008 and it came with foot muff and rain shield, both are really handy. I have seen the 2009 in stores and it also comes with the Porte enfant soft bag (not sure how it is called in English, just a guess) which is nice because, it is a baby carrying bag/diaper changing place/ sleeping bag.

I have taken mine everywhere and it goes everywhere. I live in the city and I walk alot, use it generally every day so far no real problems.

Once it got stuck in about 3" of small wet gravel. Due to its lightweight frame, I just pushed it through (wheels not rolling of course).

It is a tad wider (within an inch, I' guess) than my p3's. When in the rfing pos. it folds slightly shorter than the p3. I think it could also be longer.

The hood is connected to the seat (as opposed to the frame) This reminds me of a small problem. Since I generally keep the foot muff and rain cover on, they pull the hood off its "rails" (can't think of a better word, the hood slides on whereas the p3 snaps in) and I have to constantly put it back on the rails. This doesn't effect the child though, they stay covered. The hood is a huge typical peg hood. It has a slightly different mechanism to hold it in place (than the p3). The p3 has that bar (?) that clicks the hood into place. The switch just pull it and it is in place.

Due to this seat being higher up, you can access the basket much better than on the p3.

The biggest downfall of the switch (but really doens't cause any problems) is the it doesn't feel as sturdy as the p3's (although I have never experienced any problems) I jerk it around and other things and nothing seems to effect it.

Another problem I had, which I was told was my fault (where is the embarassed smiley) is the wheels weren't turning all the time. It needed grease. Since I greased it again it has had no problems.

I can't think of anything else, please ask me questions if you have any. I will try to post pictures soon. Are there any specific pictures wanted?

I personally don't like the I'coo. Here it is one of the "cheaper" brands (not that prices mean a good or bad stroller) but they just aren't as good when pushing. They are bulkier and weigh more, but can't handle anymore than a p3. The Targo Country is a horrible invention. They have front wheels that pretend to turn. You might be able to turn around a school bus, but never turn on a dime with that thing. Unless you go back to old school and turn it on its back wheels and if you do that why not just get a regular 4 wheeled "SUV" stroller. If I remember coreectly about the I'coo Targo city, it never has a lay flat feature, you can lean the kid back, but it will always be in the sitting position. (I think , but I could have it confused with the Britax)

Rosey

My p3 came with a snack tray, and I got an Aria (used) that came with a tray. I would want a tray for it cause you can buy valuable minutes at a checkout line with a handful of cheerios ;)

My P3 accepts the Graco seat with a strap that strings over the top of it........doesn't 'click' in like the pp seats do.

Sounds like a good stroller. Is the toddler standing bar any better than the P3? Thanks so much for the review! I haven't been able to find much on it.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Here's the ones I can remember right now:

Quinny Buzz
Mutsy 4Rider/Urban Rider
Valco Rad
Kolcraft Contours
Bugaboo Camelon/Frog/Bee
UppaBaby Vista
Zooper Boogie/Zydeco
Bebecar (all models)
Teutonia (all models)
Stokke Xplory
Rock Star Baby
Bumbleride Flyer/Queen B
Peg Perego Switch/Skate

I've owned the Quinny Buzz, Uppa Baby Vista, tried a Bugaboo Cameleon for awhile, and currently own/use the Mutsy 4Rider.

lil96

My p3 came with a snack tray, and I got an Aria (used) that came with a tray. I would want a tray for it cause you can buy valuable minutes at a checkout line with a handful of cheerios ;)

My P3 accepts the Graco seat with a strap that strings over the top of it........doesn't 'click' in like the pp seats do.

Sounds like a good stroller. Is the toddler standing bar any better than the P3? Thanks so much for the review! I haven't been able to find much on it.

Do the straps hook to the Gan. levers or just over the sides.

I have heard that the newer pegs (p3s included) have a bigger step. I can't tell a difference in mine (I have 08 switch, 08p3 and 04 p3) I don't know if that started in 2009 or 2008, but I haven't had to use the step. But something I have done with the 04, when I had 4yo (50lb) and 5yo (60lb) fold down the seat back all the way and use it as a sit and sit (lol like a sit and stand) one faced me and the other faced outwards. I still never even tipped!

Technogranola what do you think of the mutsy, i liked a lot of things about it, but I thought when it was folded it was a wheelbarrow, still really big.

lovemyfamily

I have the PP seat, so I don't know about other car seats. On the switch, you cannot sit the car seat on the stroller seat (as opposed to the P3, where the lever, I mean ganciaomatic system lol pop through the seat.) How/where do the attachments go on the P3 to hold down other brand car seats. I can check for you if you know.

I don't know about the bar/tray because here all the Peg strollers only come with the bar, you have to special order a snack tray. I prefer the bar to the snack tray, but if you want a snack tray, you get a snack tray :)
I know the new P3s, I think since they started calling them the P3, come with a snack tray, US sold ones anyway, and the Aria does too. The tray is standard.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC