Britax Boulevard in Madison

ADS

crunchierthanthou

hmmm. straight to sale at albee with the same fabric as the AF and madison regent. :confused: I don't get Britax. that's a really cute cover- much more so than the shannon. by the picture it's looks to be a wider head piece, which means at least a 06/08 DOM. I think that's a total steal for anyone looking for a girly BV.

BW1426

Did you see that there were also Blvds on sale in AQUA and PLUM!?!?

Yes, but those have been there for quite awhile. I'm pretty certain the Madison Boulevard has only been there a couple days at most. The Aqua and Plum Boulevards are a total steal.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Wow I had no idea they had new cover choices. Shows how much I have been on this board lately :rolleyes:

U

Unregistered

The Aqua and Plum are from left over companion fabric. They also have/had MAs in the Aqua and Plum.

what does it mean that it's left over companion fabric? is the Plum Boulevard not a current Boulevard model, but older? and therefore won't be good for 5 years from now? we love the purple, but are hesitant to get something questionable...

thanks!
-Rori

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
what does it mean that it's left over companion fabric? is the Plum Boulevard not a current Boulevard model, but older? and therefore won't be good for 5 years from now? we love the purple, but are hesitant to get something questionable...

thanks!
-Rori

They quit making the companion, but still had fabric leftover. So they took that fabric and are using it to make MA/BLVD covers. As for DOM I'm not sure how long they've been doing it, but I think they've only been on albeebaby a couple months now.

I think Albeebaby is one who will usually check & let you know if you call or email them asking what the DOM is on the seat.

bfmarini

Wow! we didn't even know that they were coming out with that seat. I'm checking with Britax to see if it's simply a closeout or if they'll be going forward with it and keeping it in the line. I'll keep ya posted.

Check out the Britax sale post in my sponsor forum for some news regarding Britax pricing for the rest of the year.

bfmarini

I spoke to our contact at Britax and at this point, they have no plans to sell just the covers. doh!:thumbsdown:

bfmarini

Other dealers are able to get and sell the closeout prints, but unfortunately Britax removes these seats from their pricing policy meaning they can be sold for whatever prices the retailer choses. Unless your selling thousands of seats like the big guys such as Albee, it makes little sense to bring in the seats to and sell them at such low prices giving the freight costs to ship them.

The seats, although closeouts have been recently sold and will have pretty decent DOMs. I think Britax has been doing some housecleaning with fabrics as of late and given the slow economy are trying to stay competitive.

The Madison will be a limited production seat and will still be under the pricing policy and sold at $279.99

Karen

Wow! Yeah, I like the price of the aqua and plum ones. I got a aqua MA because it was so cheap. I had no idea there were in the BLVD too. Doh!

BW1426

I did notice btw, they say they RF to 33 pounds, not 35.

I think in a past thread we established that they are the new design boulevards. I'd venture to guess that Albee just isn't that intune with the weight limit change and just uses a generic for all boulevards.

I ordered a Marathon from AlbeeBaby.com and got a 35 lb one even though it said 33 lbs.

Kat_Momof3

that's gorgeous... now there's a cool idea.. matching boulevard and Regent.

We still need cowmoo for the Regent, though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC