Best Price for Safeseat 1 or Keyfit 30?

ukfan78

Hey everyone. I am a LONG time lurker here and I love everything I have learned here. I don't post much because I don't really know how to start.

Anyway, my brother is having a baby in November and I am buying his infant seat (and all that follows that!). Now, my brother is not a very "smart" person and I know he won't even try to do what I tell him. However, I still want to know that I did everything I could to keep my baby nephew safe. I am looking at the Graco Safeseat 1 and the Chicco Keyfit 30. After playing with all the infant seats, these 2 seem to be the easiest to install. And believe me, I need this to be EASY to install and use. I am not sure if my brother has LATCH (2002 GMC EXT cab) and he lives 3 hours away and I probably won't see him for another 2-4 weeks. So I am basing my purchase off of a seatbelt install. Am I missing any EASY to install with seatbelt seats?

Since I am buying this seat, I really need to find SOME kind of deal on it. I like the Keyfit better, but I know I can get the safeseat cheaper! Anyone know of any deals on either seat? Or anyone have a used one for sale? I need something appropriate for a boy.

I have been looking at the Portica pattern on the safeseat. Is this too girly??
http://www.amazon.com/Graco-SafeSeat-Infant-Seat-Portica/dp/B000WIEHH2/ref=combo_pack_i_1
This is the best price I have found on these seats. Any better deals?

Thanks so much for any info!

Melissa

ADS

ukfan78

That sounds like a great offer! I will have to see though because my brother wanted something "blue" and he is very "weird" with colors. I will see if I can email him a picture of the seat and see what he thinks. Is the color on the seat black or a dark brown?

Melissa

AlishaNC82

I bought the Portica from Amazon for my DS that is due in November. The colors are great in real life. It is a silvery grey with a teal diamond design. If you do a search some pics were posted.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC