Best deal on a roundabout?

J-max

CPST Instructor
I spent all summer hoping someone here would have an older RB that they were trying to get rid of, but haven't had nay luck, so I might have to break down and buy a newer one :D

What is the best price you have seen for a RA? older DOM and cover are fine. I will start feeding cows in a couple of weeks and I am not moving the BLVD between the truck and my car everyday!

I saw a couple at Albee for $199, is that the best price??

Also does anyone know what the chances of them coming out with the purple or teal cover for the RA (the old companion fabric) like they did for the MA and BLVD? I really love that purple!

Thanks so much!

ADS

lovinwaves

Is there any reason you aren't considering something else that would last you longer?

Like maybe an Evenflo Triumph Advance or Truefit.

kidrepair

I have a RA with a Jan 07 man. date, I am getting it ready to sell, the problem is I'm waiting for new eps foam to come in from Britax, when I was washing the cover to get it all ready, my girls broke the eps foam in half. Not sure what the list it for though. I was hoping to get $150 since I paid $220 but haven't really looked to see what going rates are right now on used, plus I don't know how much it would cost to ship. It's the BRU exclusive gray with a darker gray plaid, I actually love the cover, it's so plush, much more so than my Granite seats.

J-max

CPST Instructor
Thanks,
Yes, it has to fit in either the back seat of a crew cab truck with 2 nautiluses or in the front (there are NO airbags). It is usually in the front, because safest person in least safest spot, right, and because the other girls tend to kick the truck out of gear if they are in the front seat - NOT something that can happen when I am getting in and out of the truck to throw off hay (If dd#1 is not with me it can go in the back), plus it is much easier to buckle the baby in if she is in the front seat - the doors are almost 5' off the ground. So, when it is in the front the top of the BLVD rests on the dash, which I don't really like, and I tried a borrowed RA and it did not. Plus we travel quite a bit, so I would like a bit smaller seat for that.

The reason I was hoping to find one with just a few years left on it, it because by the time DD#4 outgrows a RA RF, DD#3 will be ready to move out of the BLVD and and #2 will be in school all day, so I could put #4 in the back of the truck in the extra BLVD.

I actually tried a scenera, but I just don't like how not comfy it seems (plus the spikes issue worries me). Is there anything else that is narrow enough to fit 3 across in a truck, is fairly easy to install (for travel), and has a short shell?

I am open to other ideas if anyone has some. It is a 94 topkick - no locking seat belts, no latch, no airbags
here is a picture of it so you have an idea of what I am talking about
HPIM1980.jpg

capeKO71

I was just going to suggest the priori - it's on sale at albee baby for $169 or something... similar to the round about in size and harness height.

But yeah - the avenue sounds good too... and it's 1/2 the price... and it still has the eps foam.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC