When do we expect the SS1 to begin clearance??

ADS

bfmarini

Speaking of Nautilus .. they're also releasing a new Nautilus Elite. So far it's only in this color.

Also as with everything,we've been told of the upcoming price increase for graco so I'm not sure where the prices will fall as of yet.

NannyMom

Speaking of Nautilus .. they're also releasing a new Nautilus Elite. So far it's only in this color.

Also as with everything,we've been told of the upcoming price increase for graco so I'm not sure where the prices will fall as of yet.

When will the prices increase?? My boss needs a SS1/ SR32 for a baby this winter. SHould she buy now??

WHat is the difference between the GN and GN Elite? We've seen pics of a GN Mariposa, do you know whent hat's coming out??

bfmarini

When will the prices increase?? My boss needs a SS1/ SR32 for a baby this winter. SHould she buy now??

WHat is the difference between the GN and GN Elite? We've seen pics of a GN Mariposa, do you know whent hat's coming out??

We received notification that as of October 1 there was going to be a price increase. However I have yet to see the new price lists. Most stores placed large orders at the ABC show ahead of the price increase so it probably will be a while before the prices at retail go up.

As far as the Nautilus, there is a difference between the elite and the normal one. I'll post the specs from the nautilus elite tonight if I have them. I believe there was substantial differences that our rep mentioned to us when showing us the new line. I believe the elite will only be available at specialty stores meaning no target, bru, amazon, etc, but let me check on that.

indigoblossom

I'm not sure how they could make the height limit any higher, the seat is huge as it can be and still fit in cars with a newborn appropriate recline. (and you should see soon-to-be parents at baby stores freaking out about every extra ounce they feel a seat weighs :p) (though a carbon fiber frame with a headrest that dials up might do the trick...it'd be light and small for newborns, bigger for big kids...probably too expensive...but I can dream...)

The SS1 has always claimed the 97% number...that's straight off the growth charts for 1 yo's that weight or height :)

that's disappointing. i saw an imported infant seat the other day at barnes and noble and i should have asked the mother what kind it was because the name wasn't familiar and i, of course, have forgotten what it even said but the side wings were HUGE and the overal height of the seat was a massive improvement over most infant seats in the US. she had a six month old in it who still had at least 4" above her head and she wasn't a tiny baby, either. by six-nine months both of my boys had outgrown the height or weight on their seats, but of course we had 22-lb limits then.

i guess i could see why people might not want an extra heavy infant seat but i never use them to carry my child and now i might be stuck just getting a convertible from the get-go which defeats the purpose of having a smaller carseat that fits better RF in my small vehicle. and you're right - i guess 97% of one year olds are 30" tall or less, it would just be more assuring to me if an infant seat held up to 32."

bfmarini

I was getting some requests as to the difference between the Nautilus Elite and Nautilus car seats so I contacted our rep and here are the differences:

* A Lock-off Buckle in the back of the car seat to aid in easy installation.
* Head rest has ratcheting side wings
* The Car Seat has upgraded fabric and additional padding

NannyMom

Bryan,
Thanks for finding out that info. I'm curious to see the lock off.

Is there any chance you know (or can find out) if the SS1 bases can be used with the SR32 carriers?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC