Question Height limit on evenflo triumph rf

U

Unregistered

Hello everyone,

I need to purchase a new car seat for my dear daughter, she is 17 months old 31.5 inches and 20 lb; she has grown out of her current car seat by height not by weight. After reading people’s comments on this forum (which were a great help) I decided the evenflo triumph is a good choice for us but I couldn’t figure out if there is any height limit when rear facing there is nothing mentioned in specification and evenflo customer service rep. wasn’t a great help either; I would like to keep her rear facing as long as possible. I have one more concern: how does this seat work on airplanes(size wise)?
I appreciate any help and comments in advance.

Sorena

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Are you looking at the Triumph that has the sliding harness on the front with the red tabs on top of the shoulders, a red tab that you push to loosen the harness, 35lb rf'ing limit and 50lb ff'ing limit? Or the old one with 3 harness heights, a yellow tab to loosen the harness, 30lb rf'ing limit and 40lb ff'ing limit?

The rf'ing height limit is the same on both seats - as long as there is 1" of hard shell then you can keep using the seat. The old Triumph - the one with the yellow tabs, 30lb max rf'ing limit, and 3 harness heights tended to be outgrown quite young rf'ing by height. The new Triumph though - the Triumph Advance, has a shell that will last height wise pretty much as long as a Marathon.

So if you're looking at the new Triumph, then for longevity it's a great seat. If you're looking at the old one, I'd toss it out and look at the new one. ;)

Have you tried installing the seat in your vehicle yet and played with it to see how you like it?

Were there any other seats you were considering that you'd like info on, or have you pretty much already narrowed it down to this one? :)

U

Unregistered

Thanks for your response.
I just purchased EFT advance LX. I preferred this one over DLX/ premier because of its "side impact tested" feature and also I didn't notice any favorable features on those other two for the higher price. I haven't installed it yet, but it seems a little big for my Honda civic; but I don't mine since I rarely have any other passenger. When I asked about the height limit I was more concern about the leg room.
I pretty much narrowed down to this one considering the features and the price, however, if you have any other suggestion I certainly appreciate it and could take a look at those before I install this one.

Thanks,
Sorena

Kat_Momof3

leg room is not an issue... they will adjust their legs (bending them, propping them, even swinging them over the sides of the seat froggy style.

the only thing that matters is the head... at least 1" below the top of the shell.

and all the EFTAs have been tested the same... You probably only saw the label on the one model.

U

Unregistered

Thanks for the reply.
When I said “leg room” I wasn’t talking merely about the comfort level. I always assumed that bent legs might not be very safe (lack of knowledge I guess). Thanks for clearing that up for me.
I will be installing the car seat this Saturday.
BTW: Has anyone used this seat on airplanes?

jewlsvern

I have the EFTA premier version. I bought one in May and then in August I had a problem with the harness and they sent me a new seat. The new identical seat had the side impact label sewn onto the seat. I think that all versions should now have the label and are just as safe.

Kat_Momof3

it's a common misconception, so don't feel bad.

we're happy you asked so we could tell you.

I know someone has taken it on a plane, just don't remember who, but it is faa approved (the sticker is on there somewhere and the instruction manual talks about using it on the plane), so you should be good to go... just make sure (as with any carseat that sits high and/or rearfacing) to ask for a belt extender, and flip the buckle before buckling so you'll be able to get it out easily.

the only issue with fit will be that you'll need to keep the armrests for that seat up, but it's not a biggie.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC