Phil & Ted carseats, have we talked about this?

ADS

crunchierthanthou

is there a weight range listed anywhere? The gray photo must be from the UK version. It doesn't appear to have a chest clip and has very Euro looking harness covers.

The three progressively wider harness positions look good.

And it'll end all those questions about which seats you can use with a P&T. :p

mish

I'm just confused. Is this a new seat? You can't see the straps or anything. I'm not sure about it.

minismom

looks neat, I love their strollers. But I gotta say, the car seat looks really freaky when it's attached to the stroller, it looks like it's floating..

crunchierthanthou

bebe - v
weight: 2kg/4.4lbs (6.3kg with base)
fabric: tough, washable & waterproof
48cm-74cm)
group: 0-1
max load: 10kg/22lbs
fabric colours: red & black

The UK stats say 13kg, which is 28+ lbs. Lets hope it's closer to that. :) If the 4.4lbs is correct, that's by far the lightest bucket. I think the Combi is second at ~7.

delgirrrl

Here's a link to the seat at P&T's: http://www.philandteds.com/nz/drive_bebe-v_08_1.htm

Got to love those strict NZ safety laws... :whistle:

Awwww now come one guys, don't pick on us little ole NZers!! :;) Seriously though, in NZ where P+T are based, we don't have our own standard, we accept Australian standard, European, and US under SOME circumstances... (don't ask... it makes very little sense to me... my Britax Frontier is illegal for use in NZ, yet I could use a cosco scenera if I wanted to... sigh, who understands the logic behind some of this...)

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
So do you guys have this seat there? Any thoughts? I'd never seen it before and I can't decide if it's trying to come here or if they're just showing it's out there and you can illegally import it here? :confused:

kmcenery

I have never seen them but I have seen them one the phil and teds website for 20 mos (I have seen them their from the time I had my daughter) but this is the first time I have seen them for the us. I use my safe seat on my sport buggy as a double.

LuvMyGirls

Those are only for birth to 9 mths. Did you see the TOTT and TOTTxt on that website? It's for 9 mths - 11 years in a forward only seat that converts to a backless booster.

delgirrrl

So do you guys have this seat there? Any thoughts? I'd never seen it before and I can't decide if it's trying to come here or if they're just showing it's out there and you can illegally import it here? :confused:

No, I don't think we have it here yet. The P&T capsules currently available in NZ are different to that pic. If you are interested in it, it says it's certified to FMV SS213 - so I guess you could use it legally if you liked it?

capeKO71

It says "January 2009"... and knowing P&T... and their current state of affairs with recalls, I wouldn't be surprised if this is bumped out even further...

I also wouldn't be surprised if when it does get released, it's another US seat with P&T fabric on it... vs. what we're seeing right now on the site...

barnmama25

Not yet, sorry it looks like this picture wasnt even supossed to be on the internet!! It will be released in 2009. But it really isnt my fault that whoever the publisher is doesnt have their pictures password protected (seriously these pictures were an EASY find on the internet)

TerisBoys

Not yet, sorry it looks like this picture wasnt even supossed to be on the internet!! It will be released in 2009. But it really isnt my fault that whoever the publisher is doesnt have their pictures password protected (seriously these pictures were an EASY find on the internet)

This board frowns on the posting of pictures that don't belong to the posters though.

I'd suggest removing it from your post.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC