My four year old is rear-facing again

Qarin

I'm a little ambivalent about it, and she's going to have to turn soon, but when I went to install our new Wizard (just purchased new from amazon/babiesRus... manufacture date is February, 2005) she insisted she wanted to "face backwards". She had outgrown her 2002 Roundabout for rear-facing by weight (30lbs) and also her head had reached the top, so that hasn't been an option. I went ahead and installed it rear-facing (fits very well in the captains chair in my 1998 Oldsmobile Silhouette) and then brought her in to weigh her... 32lbs. Honestly :eek: I would prefer she faced forward so I could hear her when we talk in the car, and she's so borderline weight-wise, but I think I'll give it a couple of days and see if she changes her mind. I think mostly she wants to face the same way as her 1.5 year old sister (22lbs ;) ), like she did when her sister was moved to the other Roundabout last summer (DD1 had been ff since she was 2.5, but still fit rf and turned back around for a couple of months).

Anyway, nobody else in the universe cares, so I thought I'd post here about my rear-facing 4.5 year old, and my excitement at being able to afford a seat (the Wizard was $135!) which will mean she can be harnessed a lot longer- DD1 will stay in the Wizard until DD2 outgrows the Roundabout, by which time I think I'll feel OK about DD1 riding fulltime in the Parkway we have (and which she LOVES (pink & flowers, doncha know) and gets to use when riding with DH).

ADS

Tara

That's fantastic! Hey, we'll take what we can get hehe I was scheming to turn my 27 month old RF again. But she was dead on 30# so our older RA wouldn't take it. So I started weighing the other kids LOL I was able to swap seats around, putting my 4.5 yr old in the FPSE so I could use his MA to RF the 27month old teehee We'll see how long it lasts, as the 4.5 yr old is approaching the FF weight limit on my other 2 seats. Hoping to get another MA soon!!

U

Unregistered

Isn't that a great deal!!!!...we got one too! I was so excited! Right after I ordered they were sold out, so they went fast. I just posted above wondering how long we'll get out of the seat since it is for my almost 5 year old!
I'm hoping both my boys will be able to stay in the Wizard until I can get them both into parkways.

melaniev

im wishing i'd gotten 1 instead of the regent! :(
but my youngest will be 4 in july and would probably outgrow the height in less time so i suppose we're better off in the longrun. congrats though to everyone that got in on that deal - it almost seems like it was a mistake on the website!

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Fantabulific :D

My DD reverted back to RF at 2 years old in the Wizard, then was FF for a little while again just before her 4th b-day, but reverted back for a tiny bit when she kept getting sick at school ... she's now definitely reached 34+ pounds for good & is FF, but I was so hoping to max it out till 5 years old, LOL :rolleyes: :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC