Change for Britax Parts

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I usually browse Britax parts a couple times a month. Well I just went to browse and they now require a DOM for ordering parts.

ADS

crunchierthanthou

Yeah, I saw that last week when someone was asking which MA covers are available individually. :(

at least you an put in a fake one and they aren't asking for the model number too like Dorel.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
It makes it very hard to browse covers now :(. I am going to have to write down all of my DOM's now.

seamonkeys

Is this sad? I already have a file on my computer where I listed all my seats (even the one my sister has), their DOM, and the expiration date (so I don't have to do the math everytime)! :whistle:

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Not sad, very smart to do that. :thumbsup: Britax may be trying to tailor the replacement parts selection by DOM due to some of the variations/recent changes on some of the seat models.

emandbri

Not sad, very smart to do that. :thumbsup: Britax may be trying to tailor the replacement parts selection by DOM due to some of the variations/recent changes on some of the seat models.

A piggyback question. I was going to switch the harnesses on my marathons, is that okay to do? One is April 2007 and one April 2008. Benjamin has been using the 2008 because he has an easier time buckling himself in when he can hear two clicks but now Elizabeth is 31 lbs so I want to put her in the 2008 since it goes to 35 lbs rear-facing.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I think you should double check with Britax to see if they're cool with switching the harnesses between a 2007 MA with the 33 lbs. RF limit and a newer MA with the 35 lbs. RF limit. :twocents:

melniemi

A piggyback question. I was going to switch the harnesses on my marathons, is that okay to do? One is April 2007 and one April 2008. Benjamin has been using the 2008 because he has an easier time buckling himself in when he can hear two clicks but now Elizabeth is 31 lbs so I want to put her in the 2008 since it goes to 35 lbs rear-facing.

When the harness on my new 35# ma was fraying, I called Britax for a replacement and asked if I can get one of the old style harnesses rather than another new one. They checked into it and had no problems sending me the old style, so I would say switching the harnesses is fine. My dd can buckle herself in her ma, I just pull on the harness to make sure both sides clicked in.

seamonkeys

Might be able to do it, but probably have to call to order. Not sure if they have it on the website - the harness and buckle part numbers are the same no matter what date you put in.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC