Frontier in Toyota Sienna? and other final questions!

Sophia

We went back & forth from two different stores to compare Nautilus & the Frontier - and the Frontier fits ds much better. No scrouchy shoulders (especially come winter with a coat on) and the Frontier seat is longer - the Nautilus already comes to just under his knees - in a short time the support would be outgrown. Although the Nautilus cup holder is nicer - and the toy/snack cubbyholders are nicer too....

This leads to some more questions though - Does anyone have a Toyota Sienna with a Frontier? Just want to make sure it will fit well - it will usually be behind the driver although sometimes may be moved in the way back.

Also - is it possible to buy a different covers for the Frontier? Are they safe to use? With spot cleaning only on the seat, I'm afraid that after several years it's going to get really gross!

Also, at the children's store where they sold the Frontier, I asked about the sale come mid Sept - they acted as though they didn't know (maybe they don't???), but he did say that they may have a price increase come Sept 7th. Hmmmmm.... anyone know about this? I really need to save some $ on this, but I don't want to wait and then have the price go up first....

ADS

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
I don't have experience with the Frontier in a Sienna, but I did want to comment about wearing a coat in the carseat. It's not a good idea to wear a coat in a carseat unless your child can wear it without loosening the harness.

An easy way to check if the coat is thin enough is to put your child in the carseat without the coat, adjust the harness so it's appropriately snug, then unbuckle but don't loosen the harness and put the coat on and put him back in the seat (not adjusting the harness) and buckle him up. If you can buckle him in without adjusting the harness, the coat is fine, but if you can't, it needs to come off before bucking in.

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
SBP=short belt path, which is like a traditional forward-facing belt path you'll see on a regular car seat.

LBP=long belt path, which is a serpentine belt path that comes around the side of the seat, goes behind, then comes back around the front to the buckle. It's on the Regent as well.

The only cover you can use on the Frontier is a Frontier cover. If they already aren't for sale as replacements, they will be soon.

Sophia

Thanks, that helps! So it sounds like the Frontier will work, but we may need to figure out the lbp (I'm assuming the installation booklet explains all of this!?).

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Yes, it's all covered in the Frontier's manual and a supplement to the manual that Britax added shortly after the Frontier went on the market. If you want a preview of the manual, it's online (in .pdf format if you have the Adobe Acrobat reader software to view it) at Britax's site at: http://www.britaxusa.com/uploads/products/user-guides/9.pdf The instruction manual supplement with more installation tips, particularly focusing on the short belt path and long belt path seatbelt installations, is also online at: http://www.britaxusa.com/uploads/products/additional-resources/2.pdf You can always post back here if you have any installation questions. :)

Sophia

Thank you so much! Now I"m just waiting to get my tether anchor voucher :) and for the britax sale - and we'll be all set!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC