FF Graco Platinum Cargo

Ali

My DH took our 94 Saturn Coupe with FF Graco Platinum Cargo to be inspected today. I am NOT happy with the install at all. The woman (I'm sorry but I can't call her a tech!) had him install, but didn't even check it after he did it. I went and pulled on it - it moves ALL OVER the backseat. I had it way tighter than that!:eek: :eek:

The woman said we couldn't use pool noodles under a FF carseat. The seats have a very deep bucket, so the tech who installed our RF Evenflo put two together (with duct tape) to flatten out the seat. Can you really not use pool noodles FF?

Also, the woman said we didn't need a top tether even though the seatbelts are in front of the byte of the seat. What???

Thank you so much!

ADS

skaterbabs

Well, the tech wasn't the greatest - but from what you describe neither was the last one.

*yes, top tethers are a Very Good Thing, however they are not required in the US. It doesn't really make a difference as far as that goes what kind of seatbelts you have. If you can have anchors installed, my recommendation is always to do so as top tethers reduce the distance your child's head travels forward in a crash.
Just remember that tethers and LATCH are not the same thing and LATCH can not be installed in your vehicle.

*NO, you absolutely can NOT use pool noodles behind a FF seat. Ever. Pool noodles are used to adjust the recline of RF seats.

*The seat should move less than 1" at the belt path. The tech should have checked that.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Not much more to add to Rebekah's reply:

• NEVER use noodles for FF seats
  • top tether can help, but is not required (some dealers will add for free)
  • check for less than 1" movement at the belt path
Except ... was the CarGo's red "Sleep (recline) Bar" on the bottom tested in both positions to see if that might help with the install :confused: Also, maybe you could try a Fisher Price Safe Voyage Deluxe instead of the CarGo? It's base is just like the Britax Marathon/Boulevard, which installed very well for me last year in a rental I had with deep countoured seats :)

U

Unregistered

thank you

Thank you all so much for the info. Tiffany I may have to get a FP - the base looks perfect for our seats.

Thanks again!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC