Will a Graco Safeseat fit in a Sonata

U

Unregistered

I own a 2004 Hyuandi Sonata and am looking to buy a Safeseat. I am no ablt to try the seat out in my car before I buy it though because the nearest dealer that allows this is over 2 1/2 hours from me.

Does anyone have any experience with this car and car seat combination??

Jenna

ADS

skaterbabs

I haven't tried that particular combination, but from what I've heard the SS installs well in lots of vehicles, and the Sonata has plenty of room.

Yuo may need to install the SS outboard rather than center if there is a center "hump".

Dillipop

I have an 05 elantra and the safeseat fits tightly both outboard and center. I only had to move the passenger seat up a little to get it to fit outboard. The sonata should have a bit more room between passenger seat and backseat, so you might not have to move the passenger seat at all!

U

Unregistered

Thank you for your replies! I am now pretty confident that I am not having my sister spend a whole lot of money on a car seat that won't fit in my car.

Thank you again.

U

Unregistered

I found a store that would let me set the safe seat in my backseat to make sure that it would fit and I am happy to say that it is a perfect fit. My Dh drives with the seat almost all the way pushed back and the carseat still fits. The only thing we found was that it is easier to remove the seat from the base if you move the passenger seat forward. This isn't a big deal for us though since I am use to doing this in my sisters car already. Now if only they made a carseat that short people like me could sit in the middle of the backseat and still reach the baby. Guess I will be doing a lot of stopping to get pacifers and calm the baby down.

Jenna

Dreaming_of_Speed

Senior Community Member
papooses said:
The Car Seat Lady emailed me she's checked ~5,000 seats & is positive the SafeSeat1 will fit pretty much any vehicle ;)

Nope, i've found one 2 it doesnt fit in. My Subaru SVX, its too wide for the contouring and no matter how much weight i try it wiggles even with the lock off. It also pushed the front seats up to the very front of the tracks and you have to put the think in sideways to get it in the back b/c of its width and height, i can put in a snugride1 with a sleeping baby in without an problem but not this seat. It also doesnt fit well in the Chevy Beretta, it gets tight but the back is too tall and it wont allow the front seat to lock in place leaving the passenger in a dangerous situation. It also doesnt go in the back seat easily b/c the seats dont lock forward so you have to fight the seat back while pushing it into the car. I honestly dont think it would work with any 2 door car, a 4 door yes but no way in a smaller 2 door

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC