Baby Jogger City MINI Double on Trams, Trollies, Buses..

lovinwaves

I see a common question on this forum and others regarding traveling with a double stroller.

I admit to not following these types of threads, because I have never traveled to Disney World (or similiar), and also because I really have no experience regarding this.

Well, now I do. Hence, this thread.

We took a trip this week which consisted of traveling on 2 trams, 2 trollies, 2 trains, and a transit bus...OH..and I can't forget the Safari Ride! A Camel goobered all over it. :rolleyes:

My Baby Jogger City Series MINI Double was in tow with us at all times.

There never was an issue of it not fitting.

NOW, here is where my info may not help some of you. If you are on a tram that is PACKED full, this may pose an issue. However, I found that the stroller only took up about enough space for another person to sit. So, lets say you have 4 people in your fam trying to get a tram...well then, you would just need to find space on the tram/trolley, etc.. to fit 5 people. Make sense? In these particular photos the tram WAS packed full. The people to the side of us, just squished a little bit more for all of us to fit WITH the stroller. It really wasn't a big deal. I had plenty of room.

Also, we took this stroller with us on a CAR ride, not an airplane. The stroller folds so compactly (even more so with the wheels off), that it would easily be able to slide into a bag and be gate checked. Be sure and put lots of padding in that bag though ;)

So with that...here are some crappy pictures(oh, and those clothes I have on we had to buy at the theme park because a ride totally SOAKED us! It was horrible :mad: ). There wasn't enough time for my Mom to jump off the tram and take a better picture of me with the stroller to my side. They literally, want you to jump OFF when you reach your destination. Rush, rush, rush! LOL.

OurBransonTrip159-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ADS

skipspin

Haha. I'd recognise those ugly green trams anywhere. I know where you went this weekend. :p (DD went in June and had a blast.)

super_grape

that is one amazing fold! i really think i need one of these:whistle:,
maybe the single tho....my 2.5 year old thinks strollers
are so last year:p.

super_grape

i think msk had a picture of her box somehwere,
it looked like the box my kids play tunnel came in:p.

that's your old zapp in my siggy and i LOVE it but DH is scared
of the fold so i think we need a daddy-friendly stroller too:p,
any excuse for a new stroller:whistle:.....
the mini does look more dad-like than a lot of other strollers
out there:thumbsup:.

lovinwaves

Aw, I miss my Quinny. :)

Yes the Mini is definitely Dad Friendly. Super tall handlebar, EASY peasy fold. You literally just lift up on the handle in the seat (you can see the handle in my pictures above,where it is says "pull to fold". Of course the double has TWO handles, but the single will only have one to lift up on.), and voila it folds in half like a book. :thumbsup:

Shanora

I just bought the Single BJ City Elite (tan and Black), and although haven't taken it out for a stroll, I have taken it out and put it back into the box twice now (want it in the original box when the movers come to pack my house....kwim?!). But what an awesome stroller....I'm so in love it it (however not so much with the Canadian price I just paid for it -$549 :eek: - Of course to find it for $100 cheaper about 40 minutes from home...LOL).

I also got the car seat adapter to go with the new safeseat I bought...LOL. They fit really well together! I can't wait to get moved so that I can set it all up and actually use it!

clmchrissy

sorry somewhate off topic, Supergrape, how old is your LO in the Zapp? I have an 8 mo & want a small single for him, I like the Quinny but the lack of recline scares me.

ErinGoBragh

The Mini is a very Daddy friendly stroller. This is the first one that my DH takes away from me to push . He also willingly folds it and puts it in the trunk. When I had the Mosaic and we were in a rush, he would just throw it in the truck without folding. Men.

vonfirmath

My husband helped me choose our stroller, and the choice we made was teh Mini. and we really haven't regretted it (except of course for me still wanting a Maclaren. Because of the umbrella fold.) We love the shade, and the window in the top, and the quick fold, and even the basket has turned out to be quite roomy, surprisingly!

super_grape

sorry somewhate off topic, Supergrape, how old is your LO in the Zapp? I have an 8 mo & want a small single for him, I like the Quinny but the lack of recline scares me.

she's an extremely sturdy:p 6 months. and i mean like 20 plus pounds
sturdy...she actually has fallen asleep in the zapp a few times and
those nice poofy strap covers made pretty good head supports...well,
chin supports really:).

i just use the zapp for quick trips and for us it works just fine.
i really love that stroller!

celtic1885

Love that stroller - even the color is awesome.
Here's a "dumb" question, sorry if it was previously asked. Can you push it through doorways? I have a Mac Techno double (thanks Arly!) and it goes through doorways great, but I've started jogging/walking again and the sidewalks around here are horrible.

Hmmmmmm, need to stay off of here, developing all sorts of addictions on this board. :whistle:

MySillyKids

the BJ, goes through doorways?

Yes. Absolutely.

Its less than 30 In wide. Basically wheel chair sized. since everywhere has to be wheel chair friendly, the BJ should fit everywhere. I pushed it thru dillards and had no issues.

I love the thing.

its awesome!

I take it into our dr's office all the time too, and it fits thru the doorways there too.

:love:

best. stroller. Ever.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC