TruFit AGAIN on sale at Zellers

ADS

canadiangie

I just bought a TF at TRU on sale for $159 ($167 with tax). Does anyone know if TRU will price match to Zellers? I still have the receipt. I would have bought it at Zellers, but the friend I purchased the seat for prefers the black cover over the black/blue.

Anyone know?

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Technically, they are not the same seat (ya know, different covers) so no price-matching is possible (if TRU catches on that they are different covers)

snowbird25ca

Yeah, TRU won't price match the Zeller's price. Cover has to be the same & they'd know when they saw the flyer. If it was the same cover, you'd have to have the flyer with you when you made the purchase to have it price matched. I don't think we'd price match a flyer price when the purchase was made pre-sale. (Current sale was $170, so $10 more than the TRU/BRU price. It drops to $150 tomorrow.)

U

Unregistered

Hi, could someone give me an answer to this:

I bought the True Fit at Zellers last week when it was on sale for $167.99 and now I have seen it for $149. Would they refund me the difference if I took in my receipt. If I had known that the sale price would have been even lower this week I would have waited to buy mine. I also would like to know if one of the snaps, that hold the padding onto the seat frame, keeps popping open should I return it to be exchanged? Thanks.

hipmaman

Zellers should give you the difference, just bring your receipt. As for the snap, imo, it's up to you to exchange it or not. It's not a safety concern and more a nuisance for you or not.

U

Unregistered

Hi again, I'd just like to say thanks to hipmaman for your reply. Much appreciated.

hipmaman

Hi again, I'd just like to say thanks to hipmaman for your reply. Much appreciated.

Not a problem. Btw, register and stick around - we have fun while learning many things on c-s.org :)

I bought 2 late June, Could I still get the difference back??

Hmmm, not sure of its price adjustment policy (could be only for 14 days). BUT BUT BUT... you can try talking to the CS person about it. Tell him/her to help you out and give you the adjustment otherwise, you (and babies/kids) would have to buy 2 new ones and then just come in to return them with the old bills (90 days refund policy). Save themselves re-stocking.

But hmmm, you didn't read this here and I didn't write any of this :) Trudy and Techie are probably shaking their heads at me :lol:

hipmaman

How often do they go on sale?

IIRC, TRU has had on sale for about 3 wks ending Aug 22 and Zellers had lowered the regular price 2-3 times since it debuted in Canada in June.

If you need one right away, pick one up. There would always be price adjustment when it goes on sale next.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC