Abe's of Maine?

crunchierthanthou

any experience with them?

I found a KF30 there for $144 shipped ($154 less $10 promo code). It seems like a screaming deal, but I've never dealt with the company. It's not my favorite cover ever, but I'm not sure which if any of the current covers I would choose over it.

ADS

crunchierthanthou

I did, thanks. :)

I'm mostly indifferent on the current covers, but atmosphere is by far my least favorite. I have an aversion to denim in anything other than pants/shorts. :eek:

BookMama

Senior Community Member
DH and I purchased from them several times when they really only sold electronics. (I'm shocked to see a car seat on their web site!) We bought a video camera and digital camera from them, plus my boss bought several things from them for work. Based on those experiences, I'd give them a thumbs up. :thumbsup:

Bumblb77

I bought a camera from them about a year and a half ago. I had a great experience and even had to return the camera to them due to a manufacturing defect, so had some experience with their customer service.

Wineaux

Yes. At the most 60 days, albeit many people have had the funds deposited much quicker than that. But yes, YMMV getting those funds before 60 days have passed. Remember though, you are taking an additional 5% off the top end with the coupon code at the beginning, so your out of pocket expenses will be: $161.49, but your Cash back will be based upon the higher $169.99 amount. So you are saving an additional $8.50 on top of the $34.00 versus buying from Abe's of Maine. Abe's does have a 5-7% cash back though via MS Live Cash Back, but that's nothing compared to the 20% you'd get from Comfort First.

In the end, it comes down to whether you can afford to pay the higher upfront cost and wait, or just go for the initial lower price and come out slightly behind on the deal. We're talking $10-15 dollars here, so if money was tight, I'd be seriously looking at Abe's myself, albiet I would also take into consideration the fact that Abe's specializes in photography equipment, and Comfort First specializes in baby gear. What will Abe's do if you get an old DOM? What is their return policy if there is an issue? Those are things you might want to call both companies and ask them about. Then go with the one that will treat you the best if the fit hits the shan...
:twocents:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC