Head Wings on the Nautilus

ilr01

Are they any deeper than the Turbos? I've seen the side impact crash tests on the Turbos, and the head hits the door of the car. I was wondering if the GN would prevent this any better.

ADS

scatterbunny

They are the same, from what I can tell.

0f1149bd.jpg
July112008085.jpg

scatterbunny

I wouldn't worry at all about the Nautilus in harness mode; I'd probably get a dedicated booster with deeper wings once the harness is outgrown, though.

ilr01

Thanks. You're like this huge wealth of information. :) I thoguht I had my mind set on 2 GNs...(3 year old and 6 year old) but now I'm really thinking of going ahead with the Monterey for the 6 year old and the GN for the 3...then a dedicated booster when he outgrows the harness lke you said..

I thought about the Apex, but I just don't think I like it so much....

scatterbunny

My friend has a Nautilus for her 46 inch tall, leggy 6 year old, and it's awesome for him, but he's in the top slots now with about 1.5 inches to go. I don't think I'd buy a Nautilus for a 48 inch tall 6 year old, though, personally. I might go with a Britax Frontier, if you really would like to harness him for awhile, though, since it harnesses as long as the Nautilus, but has deeper side impact wings and adjusts taller in booster mode. Otherwise I'd focus on a good booster for the 6yo, and a Nautilus for the 3yo.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC