Need to buy a new seat (or turn my 14 mo old FF)

Synchro246

Need to buy a new seat (or turn my 14 mo old FF) UPDATE

Mick's outgrowing his Roundabout RF.

Mick is 14 months and about 28-29lbs. Seamus is 3.5 and 41 lbs.

Here's what we've got going on now:
Main vehicle: Regent/RF Roundabout Secondary vehicle:FF Boulevard (only for Seamus--1 mile at a time about once a week)

My origional impulse was to get a Marathon (I already have a spare cover--Barnum--that I got because I wanted a MA) and then I'd have the MA and the Reg in my car and the BV and the RA in my mom's car.

But then I thought it would be more cost effective to just put Mick in the BV RF in my car and get another Regent or a Frontier for my mom's car.

THEN I thought that maybe I've been off this board too long and I should just ask for a recomendation.

TIA

Last edited:
ADS

Mommy2Marcus

What about putting the BV RF in your car & buying a Nautilus for your moms car?? Since he only rides in it very rarely then the Nautilus is more cost effective & a great seat!

Synchro246

OOooh, I totally forgot about the Naughty. What's the top harness height on it? I can't remember. Seamus has about an inch left in the Boulevard. I'll measure his torso tomorrow. I'll have to see if I can get to the BRU or WM to see it in person.

Mommy2Marcus

It is about 18.5 I believe. It is a good seat! I really like it. I do know that it will harness longer than the MA or BV. It also converts to a HBB & LBB when the time comes, but if he has more than an inch in the BV then he will have loads of room in the Nautilus!

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
Wow. He must be super duper tall if he is outgrowing the RA by height at only 14 mos. My ds, small for his age, fit rf in the scenera until he was 3+! I agree that I'd put baby in the BV rf in your car and buy a Nautilus. Much less expensive option.

Synchro246

He's pretty tall and it's a lot of torso. I was suprised when I noticed how close to an inch he's getting in it. IIRC Seamus outgrew it RF somewhere around 18-20 months. Really, he could have just had a spurt recently and he might hover 1.5'' below the top of the shell for another 4 months. He hasn't gained weight in over 6 months.

The GN is about $60-70 less than the on-sale Regent, right? Does anyone know if the Frontier will be a part of the Sept sale and for about how much it will be?

cryswilkins

Wow. He must be super duper tall if he is outgrowing the RA by height at only 14 mos. My ds, small for his age, fit rf in the scenera until he was 3+! I agree that I'd put baby in the BV rf in your car and buy a Nautilus. Much less expensive option.

My DD outgrew it about the same age.

i would get a nautilus for the second car and put the boulvard rf in your car. then if not planning on another soon sell the roundabout. even if you are planning on another at that point you could get a marathon. assuming you used the ra from birth with seamus it stills has a little over 2 years of life left. you could probably get about $75 for it. that would cover half of the nautilus.

Synchro246

Thanks everyone for your imput :)

I think what I am going to do is wait until the last possible moment (when Mick has actually outgrown the RA RF) and switch him to the BV. Then I will buy--probably the Nautilus, though if the house has sold by then I may go a spendier route. I'm going to take S to BRU this week and see if he likes the GN.
Thanks again!

Synchro246

Ok, here's what I did. I bought a Radian 65 from a friend and then I came across an Uptown at biglots so I bought that too:eek:. Now I have one more seat than I actually need, but whatever. If the Radian is too skinny for my chunks my friend who has string-bean children said we could try trading her MA for the Radian if I needed.

Thanks everyone again :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC