Do you think this would work? Three across

oxeye

I need to fit three across eventually in DH's 04 Passat.

I need an infant seat, one child FF, and one who will be RF or FF (hard to predict how big she will be in February).

I was thinking of a Keyfit and two Radians or a Keyfit, Radian, and MA or BV.

If I am going to be getting new seats, though I would like to get seats that the kids will get a lot of use out of. I'd love to try a Frontier for DD1 since she'd have more room there than in a Radian or BV/MA. Does anyone know if that might work three across with a Keyfit and a Radian?

Unfortunately I can't buy the Radian or Frontier in town so I have to order online. I really don't want to order them and have to ship them back.

ADS

smurf

Hmmmm, DH's has a '03 Passat and the backseat is kind of narrow, but back there we've managed to fit these seats:

Graco Snugride (with base), FF Graco Ultra Cargo, FF Evenflo Chase
RF Cosco Regal Ride, FF Graco Ultra Cargo, FF Radian

Basically all 17" wide seats fit in any RF/FF combination. I'm not sure the Frontier could fit because it's fairly wide at 19". I think the Britax convertible seats tend to puzzle well with the Radian. So the Keyfit and 2 Radians, or the Keyfit, Radian and a Britax convertible would probably fit.

HTH!

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I have gotten in my Accord a RF SS1, FF RN and FF MA. I also just tried an was able to do a RF&FF TF, FF RN, RF SS1. Currently I have a RF MA, FF RN and could fit my SS1 beside the RN if I needed too. I know this isn't the same back seat but I think it is worth a try :twocents:

oxeye

Hmmmm, DH's has a '03 Passat and the backseat is kind of narrow, but back there we've managed to fit these seats:

Graco Snugride (with base), FF Graco Ultra Cargo, FF Evenflo Chase
RF Cosco Regal Ride, FF Graco Ultra Cargo, FF Radian

Basically all 17" wide seats fit in any RF/FF combination. I'm not sure the Frontier could fit because it's fairly wide at 19". I think the Britax convertible seats tend to puzzle well with the Radian. So the Keyfit and 2 Radians, or the Keyfit, Radian and a Britax convertible would probably fit.

HTH!

Does the Radian puzzle well with the Britax convertibles because the Britax is up on a base? The Frontier and the Britax convertibles are both listed as having a 19.5" footprint but I wonder if it might not work because the Frontier is baseless.

I may have to get a Frontier to replace the Regent for my car. :whistle: I think I really want one of those. LOL The Regent is just SUCH a beast in my tiny third row.

oxeye

I have gotten in my Accord a RF SS1, FF RN and FF MA. I also just tried an was able to do a RF&FF TF, FF RN, RF SS1. Currently I have a RF MA, FF RN and could fit my SS1 beside the RN if I needed too. I know this isn't the same back seat but I think it is worth a try :twocents:

So if I buy a Keyfit and a Radian first, I'd probably be good in terms of seeing if they all fit back there? I can always buy a second Radian later if I need to.

I don't want to buy them too soon because of expiration dates but I don't want to wait too long in case it doesn't work either. LOL (not that buying a new car is really an option)

smurf

Does the Radian puzzle well with the Britax convertibles because the Britax is up on a base? The Frontier and the Britax convertibles are both listed as having a 19.5" footprint but I wonder if it might not work because the Frontier is baseless.

If I remember correctly the base of the MA is about 15" wide, so it tends to "ride up" atop the Radian, sort of. So a 3-across is doable in that situation.

This really reminds me of carseat shopping when I was pregnant with #3... The only reason we ended up with the Cosco Regal Ride was its width (16").

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC