RESULTS! True Fit, Marathon, EFT: in small car

lovemybabes

PHEW!!!! We spent over 2 hours installing and uninstalling in every which way and here are the results. (some specs first)

current seat: Roundabout
Vehicle: 2-door Chevy Cavalier
my babes:
ds1 = 23lbs 2.5yrs ERF
ds2 = 20lbs 5 months RF
(yep, that's right - both off the charts in opposite directions :)

Conditions: prefer middle and sideboard as a 2-dr makes in/out VERY difficult with an infant (have to crawl all the way into back of car... not fit for adult). Also, we often need to carry a third person (teen/adult) in back.

Results: (RA RF in center)
Even Flo: not possible to adjust (side mechanism) in this configuration
True Fit: RF - yes. FF - No. Too wide. would fit if RA sideboard
Marathon: RF - yes. FF - Yes.

Last edited:
ADS

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
So, RA rf centre and MA rf outboard, if I read it right. Glad it works out for you.

Yeah, my '92 2-door Honda Accord EX-R Sport Coupe still does well with Britax rf seats but not many others.

lovemybabes

So, RA rf centre and MA rf outboard, if I read it right. Glad it works out for you.

Yeah, my '92 2-door Honda Accord EX-R Sport Coupe still does well with Britax rf seats but not many others.

yes. Thank you. (also, MA fits beside RA ff) 2-doors are something, eh?

hey, do you know if the Radian would fit in your car beside a roundabout (ff or rf)?

lovemybabes

RN would fit ff, but I'm not sure if I have the length for rf. I don't have a RN anymore to try.

Thank you. I was about to buy the Marathon today and had my oldest re-weighed - he just gained 5lbs in one month!!! (doc's said he'd catch up sometime) he's now 28-29lbs and I'm thinking perhaps I should try a ff seat that goes to booster (since I can't get True Fit anyway for the extra 5lbs rf)???? Frontier, etc.??? I'll try a thread on this, but do let me know your thoughts here if it's okay. You obviously have thought through this many times.

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I was just thinking the Frontier for him then.

Edit: just remember you want them sbs, so Frontier might not work. Radian might be the only choice then.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC