True Fit Zellers Price Match

northernmommy

Just FYI...

After finding out about the BRU sale on the TF, I called Zellers to see if they would price match (I was planning to buy 2 more TF for Gramma's car), and they said they would, AND that they do price adjustments for previously purchased merchandise. So I took my reciept for the TF I bought in July in to the store, and they gave me $40 back, but then she "oh, I see you bought another one earlier" and gave me another $40 back for the one I bought in MAY :eek:! Apparently, if you purchase something on your HBC Credit Card, it has a 90 day return/price adjustment policy! So I ended up paying $300 for two TF's! :D

So if you bought a TF at Zellers in the last 30 days (with anyything besides an HBC Card) or 90 days (with HBC Card), print out the page from BRU (just the first one that shows all the convertable seats, not the TF page that says it's unavailable ;)) and take it in...you should get your $40 back!

ADS

raelynn

Senior Community Member
That's great! I just got a True Fit last week from Zellers for $159.99 :) I took in a printout of the convertible page from TRU.ca just like you mentioned and had no issues getting pricematched.

jacks1

Just tried to at our Zellers (for my sister) and they would not even consider it. Said it had to be the same color and that the ad for toysrus online was not enough because they were unavilable to purchase. :mad:

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Re: TRU True fit sale

The bag stuffer that we have is the same one from when the sale started, but the TF wasn't listed on it - then again, the bag stuffer is only one sheet of pictures and there are a lot of things on sale still.

The TF is now special order at TRU and is available at that price through special order as far as I know. So if you go back into the store and tell someone in the baby department that you want to special order a carseat then you'll be able to get one in that way. If their special order catalog hasn't been updated, then they can just use the SKN # found if they use the "inventory inquiry" system. I know some customers recently ordered one and the price in the computer is still showing as $159.99, so I would think that's the same price a special order would show. :thumbsup:

Doesn't matter if they know it's on sale or not if the computer gives you the sale price. ;)

eta: FWIW, we don't price match items from competitors unless it's the exact same fabric as well, and it has to be listed in a current flyer with the price and picture. I just found this out the other day (I haven't been trained on price adjustments/returns,) and was surprised that Zeller's is doing it since the color pattern is different. I wouldn't have expected color to matter, but apparently it does. :shrug-shoulders:

techie

eta: FWIW, we don't price match items from competitors unless it's the exact same fabric as well, and it has to be listed in a current flyer with the price and picture. I just found this out the other day (I haven't been trained on price adjustments/returns,) and was surprised that Zeller's is doing it since the color pattern is different. I wouldn't have expected color to matter, but apparently it does. :shrug-shoulders:

Indeed, it does. That's why we don't do much price matching in BRU! Every store carries a different pattern (no matter how many times customers try to convince me they are EXACTLY the same ... no their not, I know other stores product ;) )

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor

Indeed, it does. That's why we don't do much price matching in BRU! Every store carries a different pattern (no matter how many times customers try to convince me they are EXACTLY the same ... no their not, I know other stores product ;) )

Yeah, and the stores that do carry the identical product often don't have the products listed in flyers - like Sears does the $ range off all carseats but doesn't tell how much each one is discounted. And the boutiques in the city don't put out flyers.

northernmommy

Hmm, maybe it depends on which Zellers you go too? I just went back to ours and bought 2 more for my mom's car, at the TRU sale price...might still be worth checking into.

ETA: Okay, now I'm starting to feel like I did something dishonest in getting them to price match 4 seats...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC