Installing the Regent into a 2007 Ford Fusion

wondering1

OK....

Same ole, same old for me....the first time I install, it seems IMPOSSIBLE!

1) I have the seat in and positioned, but not tight, I'm pushing in/down with my knees, but can't get the LATCH loops to budge at all when I pull on them one at a time. I've tried sitting next to the seat, just to see if I can remove some slack and I can't. I had the same problem of tightening the seat belt with the Regent in the Camry, but now I can install it no problem. Do I need to get someone to depress the gray buttons on the LATCH tightener while I'm pulling?

2) I have plenty of room to sit next to the short-path LATCH center installed Regent, (ok for over 40 lbs, under 48 lbs, and Ford Fusion) but the seatbelt rides way too high - like all the way on my neck sideways - to sit safely in the back. We need adult boosters! Anyway, should I try installing it outboard simply to make it more likely that a woman could possibly sit in the center? I dunno if she'd fit though. The Regent becomes a nice place for an adult to rest their head for a nap :) too bad the seatbelt is seriously out of position for a average/short torso adult passenger!

Once I get this done a few times, I'll be able to do it...but right now it feels impossible, as always!

Ya'll are awesome! I will figure this out...I will!

Last edited:
ADS

wondering1

OK. I got it in! I pushed the latch tightener under the recline bar with my finger a bit on the one side and also threaded the latch loops through the front of the seat area to get a better angle for pulling. Presto! It tightened easily!

Does it make sense that the extra LATCH strap on the right side would be a lot longer than the left side even though the LATCH is clearly tightened the same on both sides?

Now that it went in easily, I'll take time to test outboard to see if an adult passenger can use the center seat.

BTW, the neighbor came over to say that the law states we can use a booster. I explained that the #1 cause of death for ages 2-34 is car accident (I know this site says ages 1-34). I repeated slightly differently for emphasis. Both his grandkids are in boosters. The 3 year old is in a HBB and the 5 year old is in a LBB. I added that the law of physics prevails over minimum state law.

He is a retired Sheriff and he knows the stats. I added that those are the stats *with* current state laws! I also explained that a 5 point harness provides a lot more support if the child falls asleep, etc. He walked away silent this time instead of trying to talk me down like previously.

OK. I'll add pictures soon but it doesn't obscure the back window and it fits nearly 100% on the seat bottom front to back.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC