Marathon, True Fit, Radian: ring in your thoughts!

lovemybabes

I have tried out the TF and MA and they fit in my wee car (the EFTA was a too tight squeeze), but there is low headroom. I'd like to try a Radian also. Assuming it fits, what is my best choice?

Cavalier 2-door
Currently,
Middle: RF Roundabout (for my 5 month 20lb boy)

second car seat is for my 29 month 25lb boy.

Thank you!

ADS

sparkyd

We've only got a Marathon and a True Fit, so I can't comment on the Radian. The biggest plus for the True Fit is that it can be used rear-facing for longer (35 lbs vs 30 lbs for the Marathon and the Radian). We haven't really used the True Fit all that much since it is in our second vehicle and won't get regular use until September, but the only thing I don't like about it so far is that the harness adjuster is really hard to access when rear-facing. But I'm willing to put up with that for the extra 5 lbs rear-facing.

This thread compares some of these seats:
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=50191

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I'm in the midst of trying to catch up on just reading posts right now, so don't have time for a super thorough reply. :eek: Just ask if I wasn't clear on something.

The EFTA is more compact front to back then either of the other 2 seats, so I would expect it to fit - although I haven't tried it in my parents car to know for sure.

Assuming all 3 seats fit, I'd choose TF. It's a wider seat, fairly low profile so easier to load than the MA. Less install issues than the Radian. Built in lock-offs. Taller seat shell than the other 2 seats, so fits longer rf'ing by height. And it has a 35lb rf'ing limit which kind of seals the deal for me.

Really, all 3 seats are nice seats and if they all install well, you'll probably be happy with any of them.

I think in a 2 dr car that ease of loading/unloading will be a big issue initially, so I'd likely not choose the MA last just because it will be harder to get kiddo in and out.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC