Question Narrow booster?

U

Unregistered

You guys are fantastic! I've learned so much!

I'm in the market for a narrow base booster. I'm having a heck of a time finding similar measurements to compare. I've considered the Monarch, Monterey, and Compass.

Does anyone know which is the most narrow? (Don't worry my daughter has been blessed with narrow hips... must be my husband's side of the family.)

Or does anyone have any other suggestions?

The seat will be used in a Durango (only 2 across) and Pacifica (3 across).

MANY THANKS!!!!

Alison

ADS
U

Unregistered

She's 5.5, at least 45 lbs, and at least 46 inches. I'd say she has a longer torso. Thanks again.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
It's also helpful to know what the other carseats are: sometimes it's necessary to re-think more than 1 carseat choice.... On that note, each child's age/weight/height & your total budget is helpful :)

In general, I have found the Parkway to be the easiest booster to fit in tight 3 across configurations (especially for bigger kids). Otherwise, I think the Fisher Price Safe Voyage booster adjusts the narrowest by width & can be used backless if necessary.

Kat_Momof3

yeah, none of the boosters you listed are very narrow...

I would say the Parkway, the Fisher Price Safe Voyage Booster (not in that order), and the Recaro Vivo and Vivo Lite are the narrowest ones.

scatterbunny

The Vivo isn't really that narrow, plus the design of the armrests/lapbelt guides makes it difficult to buckle in three-across. If the Parkway will fit (17 inches wide at the widest), it will be the easiest to buckle due to the lack of armrests. The FPSV booster adjusts narrower (it's width-adjustable), but it has fixed armrests that can make buckling harder. In my Focus, though, a Parkway wouldn't work where a FPSV booster does work. I just keep the booster buckled, loosen it and let my dd climb in, then tighten it back up. I CAN buckle and unbuckle when necessary, but it's easier this way.

capeKO71

Yeah - I have all three - the parkway, fpsv booster, and the vivo. And My belt stocks are very short and tend to be tough to get to with any booster - and the fisher price is definitly the thinnest with the width adjustment. And you can't beat the price!

U

Unregistered

Thanks everyone this is very helpful. My other seats are a Parkway for my older son and the new baby has a KeyFit. I'm having trouble finding another Parkway but I'll look into the FP. It sounds like it would be a good carpooling/backup seat even if it doesn't work out.

scatterbunny

My friend's son is 46 inches tall and has some room in the FPSV booster; however, my daughter, who is 52 inches tall, is right at the limit. If she grows at all in the torso, I wn't be able to use it for her anymore. The Parkway adjusts much taller. Still, for fitting three-across, the FPSV booster has been a lifesaver for me. :) Albee Baby has it for $30. Albee Baby also has the Parkway for $60, if you think that might be a better choice since it adjusts taller.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC