More upright angle for seat?

vonfirmath

I just discovered my cousin, etc. are using Sceneras for their baby. (I kind of suspected they would because it was the cheapest. but got confirmation for sure after their mother, my Aunt, bought one to be "just like theirs" -- and my Dad installed it for them! Without even reading the manual! Yikes!) So I am sending them info about the spikes on the Sceneras for them to check.

But right now it is pushing the driver side seat forward. Where do I send them for the information that it is okay for the seat to be more upright? For that matter, does anyone know of any seat checks in the Columbus, OH area I can send them to get it checked at? I am very uncomfortable with the current situation!

PS Maybe I don't have to be so concerned. Dad says there are very clear directions on the side of the seat and that is what he followed. Do they cover everything?

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
What's on the side is pictograms of each method & direction of installation, along with weight/height limits and the major warnings. I definitely wouldn't consider it a "manual," but if he followed the pictograms and warnings etc then he likely has it in right IF he knew how to adjust harness height etc. The pictograms don't detail harness height & chest clip placement, they just illustrate seatbelt routing & detail the size ranges for each direction.

How old is your nephew? If he's young, then he has to have the seat fully reclined - younger then 3 or 4mos needs the 45* recline. So depending on age he may not be able to be more upright.

vonfirmath

My niece is 11 months old. Born end of August last year. She just outgrew her infant seat, so the grandparents couldn't just use a base and needed a different car seat in their car.

One great thing to hear was they had also got a Scenera to keep at their house as an "emergency" seat in case someone needed to take the baby somewhere.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC