Question What do you guys think of the P3

Mylilboyblue

So after lusting for and getting a Mac Techno and a BJCMS now I want a Peg Pilko P3. Yes I know I am nuts and there must be programs for people like me. ;) So all you P3 users...would it be worth it for me to sell my other strollers for one? Do you like it? Does it ride nice? Fold nice? Worth it?

:D

ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I love my P3 :love:
I borrowed a friends Triumph and didn't like it nearly as much as my P3. The triumph was a much bumpier ride and it just felt cheap and flimsy to me to use as an everyday stroller. For me, it would be good for using on holidays :twocents:

i have had 3 p3 and loved all of them. Well, maybe not the first, but that was due to colour not the actually pushchair!!!
great for travel, look quite comfy, recline fully, great hood and reasonable basket, cupholder. great.
I currently have a mod blu with blue frame which is gorgeous. before that i had the rose (pink) one. before that some grey with red piping thing - not sure of colour.
buy one, they are fab

NVMBR02

I was not happy at all with my P3. It did steer well but I felt it was bulky. I didn't like the fold and after about a year it started to stick and didn't want to unfold. By 18 months the lock wouldn't lock so it would unfold about halfway. I had to sew the basket back together about about 3 times (the first one was after about a year of using it). I liked the idea of it but was very disappointed in it. We aren't that hard on our strollers I expected it to last much longer than it did. That was my second peg stroller (I also had an aria) and I higly doubt I would get another one. I am considering the ingelsina zippy though if we have another baby, same idea as the P3, different brand.

I have never had a triumph but I have a quest and 2 volos and I :love: those strollers.

Rosey

I love the P3 for an infant, but once I don't use the child tray that often.......about 12 months I MUCH prefer my Quest because travelling is easier and my child can run and I can carry teh stroller with one hand and it steers so easily. I just don't like the bulk of the P3 once I don't need that much stuff. Tons of features though.

brightredmtn

I love it love it love it! It has all the benefits of an umbrella and a full size stroller.

I also love that the canopy goes all the way down to the tray.

USmominOz

I too liked it when ds was a baby, but as a toddler I did not like it. The basket can't really hold anything and if you clip you bag to the handles then the older child can't use the foot board. Ds who is almost 5 still uses a stroller when I am out and he no longer fits in the p3, his knees hit the snack tray and I find it very hard to push.
I do not have tall children. I will use my Volo if it is a quick trip w/ not a lot
of shopping but I usually use my cheap Graco. Ds loves it and I find it way easier to push and I love the big basket.

I have not used my P3 for the past 2 yrs.

lovemybabies924

i love mine..i got it used and its an 05 or 06 maybe older? idk i love the trayw/cup holder! and the material still looks new! it folds nice and slim, has awesome hood and my older kids love the foot board on the back, my only complaint is that my 11 month old is still too small for the harness..but i think its not a problem w/the newer models! i reccomend! (and the cup holder for me holds my esspressos and soft drinks perfect)!!!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I didn't like the P3 at all. I found it was made out of too much plastic so ends up creaking over time and you sound like you're pushing a cheap Graco! I also didn't like the fold and disliked the wheels as they don't make it through slush or even light snow very easily. I MUCH prefer the Buggster, it ROCKS!

lil96

I really like the p3 (I have 3, an 03, 08 and an 08 switch) yes they are somethings that bug me about them. the reg p3 are much more stable than the switch, but the switch has better access to the basket. i have taken mine thru rain, sand, mtn trails, snow, everywhere and haven't experienced problems. the older ones have wheels [that looks as if] with traction and the newer ones are slick.
we don't have snack trays, just a bar that goes across, i thought the snack tray came on the aria? maybe it is just a marketing thing?
overall i think this is the best all around light weight/umbrella folding/travel system there is.

lovemyfamily

I am on my 3rd P3. I have gotten a new one for each of my kids. I really think it is a great stroller. Full featured for an infant. Plush seat, nice push, parent cupholder and child tray. Fold is handy, like an umbrella stroller and it is lightweight. However, when I push my Baby Jogger or my Uppa Baby Vista, it makes the P3's push seem like a Graco.
If you don't need the deep recline for a baby, I would go with a Maclaren. Or better yet, get both. hehe

NicoleP

Well I just love :love: mine! I have used it from infancy to pre-preschool stage with no problems. The push is great, folds like a charm.

I love mine. I am hoping to purchase a brand new one in the green/grey bubble print when new baby arrives :) :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

tinytoy

I :love::love: mine! Purchased in 2007 before Ashley was born. One of my favorite things about it that I don't see in many other strollers is the freedom of movement harness. Ashley loves to be able to sit forward and would get irritated if she were stuck to the back of the seat. I imagine she wouldn't stay in the stroller very long without the freedom. Also love that it stands on its own when folded, convenient in restaurants and such.

:thumbsup:

DMickey28

I will let you know later today. I just ordered one last week and should get it today.

I have a 15 month old, 30lbs and 35 inches.

I use a Chicco Ct5 and Chicco Cortina now. I haven't used the Cortina recently. The Ct5 is the same size and features of the Quest. I bought a Quest last year and returned it. I just didn't feel it was worth the $200 I spent on it. It also tipped way to easy for me. DS was 6 months old then. The Ct5 just seemed sturdier to me. However now DS is getting heavier and it's getting difficult to steer and the backing is slouching down so he can't sit up right in it. I was just tired of it and wanted some more full featured but not as big and annoying as the Cortina. Hence the P3 ... I think it will be the perfect balance for me. We usually only use the stroller to go to the mall for walks and stuff.

steph410

I've tried a lot of different strollers and the P3 is my favorite! It is lightweight and easy to fold, it looks good, is well-made, pushes smoothly, and works well when you need to clip in a carseat. It also has fairly plush seats and it cleans up very easily.

lil96

I've tried a lot of different strollers and the P3 is my favorite! It is lightweight and easy to fold, it looks good, is well-made, pushes smoothly, and works well when you need to clip in a carseat. It also has fairly plush seats and it cleans up very easily.
the cleaning is something i often forget. it is really simple to clean, i just spray it with the garden hose and let it hang, it dries in no time. but i have heard not to wash pp stuff in thwasher if you do it voids the warranty.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC