What seats are skinny?

Adib

I was just curious - I have 2 Regents and they nearly comsume the back of the 3rd row bench seat in our van. I'm not going to replace them but there may come a day when I have to move them to the middle to accomodate another carseat (so I can have 3 across). We also have a Blvd and a SnugRide (which will be outgrown shortly).

ADS

ctbcleveland

Search this site for the "three-across" thread. It will give you an idea of what seats work well next to each other.

For a more specific answer to your question, you'll want to answer the age of your kids, their height and weight, and the make, model and year of your car.

I was confused by your post. They are in the third row. Are you considering moving them next to each other (rather than in the two outboard positions) or are you asking to move them to the middle row. Couldn't tell what you meant by middle.

The Sunshine Kids Radian seat is very narrow - but the Regents are big beasts, so depending on your car, it might not even be narrow enough.

Adib

Well, I don't need to do a 3 across right now. However, if we have another baby I would have to, otherwise we'd need a bigger vehicle!

We have a 99 Ford Windstar.

I would move the two Regent seats into the 2nd row captains chairs. That would leave the back seat for the infant seat (Graco SnugRide), Blvd and ... X. I need to buy a new seat for someone, most likely the nearly 3 year old 23 lber or the nearly 6 month old.

So if you had to smoosh another seat between a Blvd and a SnugRide, what would you look into?

I did look at one of those threads but didn't see any Ford Windstars ... then again, I didn't look at ALL 7 pages, so I'll look again!

NVMBR02

I think the sunshine kids radian would be the best for that. It puzzles well with the blvd/ma if they are facing the same direction. I was able to get 2 MA and a radian ffing in the back of my vw golf and I think I could get 1 radian, one MA and a narrow infant seat back there as well.

Kat_Momof3

You could leave one regent back there POSSIBLY if you used two Radians... then you could put the other seats in the 2nd row.

so I'd make the next seat purchase a Radian.

OH.. I KNOW it would work in a Windstar with a BLvD and 2 Radians... 1 Radian and 2 big britax is a TIGHT fit I don't recommend (I tore a fingernail and bled doing it, but it WAS doable... but you had to buckle the big britax in... THEN slide it into the seat sideways and position it... but I checked, and they were all tightly independent installs.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC