Help me decide!

Krilyn430

I'm looking to purchase a second car seat for DH's car. I also plan on using it for traveling.

I currently have a britax roundabout in my car and originally I was going to put that in his and get a Marathon for my car. Now I'm not so sure.

I love the Graco Nautilus but I don't really want to put ds ff until he's a bit older.

What other options do I have? I really don't want something too bulky or heavy because I'll have to lug it around an airport but I also don't want to have to buy 2 more seats for him either.

ADS

firemomof3

I would recommend the Safety First Avenue. You can see it on sear's website. It rear faces to 35lbs. & forward faces to 40lbs with 16" top harness slots. Its lightweight so it'll be good for traveling on an airplane. You will probably need a pool noodle to get the correct angle for rear facing, and there is an excellent thread about how to do this...but I cannot find it. I'm sure others will chime in :)

Loves2sing

We also travel a lot. We have the Radian for travelling. It isn't light weight, but because it folds in half, it makes is super easy to get around the airport, because you can stack it with your luggage on the cart.

The Radian is super easy to install on the airplane, although some people have had issues getting it RF on an airplane because of it's size. (It's tall) When FF on a plane though, it is awesome. You can easily use the tray, and slip past the seat when you need to use the facilities. It has a low profile which also helps to keep your child from kicking the seat in front of them, well until they get taller.

The Radian doesn't turn into a booster, but it will be the last CARSEAT that you would need. You would just need to buy a booster afterwards. Which in my personal opinion isn't a bad thing. As for the most part deticated boosters are better than the combitnation seat boosters, well except for the Frontier.

The Radian65 is available is available all over the place for $199.
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Sunshine-Kids-Radian-Car-Seat/dp/B000GEC71U"]Amazon.com: Car Seat Replacement Cover Champagne: Baby[/ame]

Or if you want the high weight, and cushier version, you can get the Radian 80 for $250.

In my personal opinion, there is no better option when it comes to travelling. This is coming from someone who flies with her daughter at least twice a year usually with a few layovers. I wouldn't even think of buying another seat. In fact we are buying another one for our baby once he outgrows the snugride just because it works so well for travelling. I hope this helps!:D

PS. Have an awesome trip!!

Last edited by a moderator:

sunnymw

If you have the $, Radian... what kind of vehicle would it go in? It takes up quite a bit of room RFing and has some issues installing in SOME vehicles FFing w/ seatbelt, so that would be something to consider :) Also, the Radian would last much longer than the Uptown and slightly longer than the Britax convertibles.

If you are on a budget, I also got the Safety 1st Uptown for $65 at Big Lots :) it's VERY light!! esp compared to the Britax seats. So that would be a plus for traveling. However the benefit of the Britaxes is they'll be easier to install wherever you go. MUCH easier. It takes me 20 minutes to do the Uptown, and 3 to do my Boulevard. ;)

Krilyn430

Thanks for the advice. I'll have to go check out these seats and see what we're going to do.

The seat is either going to go in my car (98 Chevy Tahoe) or DH's (2008 Subaru Legacy).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC