Pictures of Liam in the SIV, RA and Latch loc

rachel3612

Senior Community Member
This is him going home from the hospital he was 12 days old, he was 6lbs ish. LOL

DSC02648.jpg

This is him at 3 weeks old in the SIV (sorry no base pictures, don't know what I was thinking then)

DSC02743.jpg

Liam in the RA at 2 months, the straps got snagged on the SIV so we had to stop using it. So sad.

DSC02968.jpg

more...

ADS

rachel3612

Senior Community Member
Liam in the Latch loc we bought to replace the SIV, fisher price gave me a $75 refund.

DSC02975.jpg

and just for kicks here is a recent picture
f83b9d93.jpg

and yes for those that spot things easily that is the decathlon thrown in the back seat. LOL

Rachel

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
LOL - love his Cougar claws :D ;) Nice slippers too ... Leila just outgrew the biggest size available :(
(Very cool that the belly pad & neck pads match - I thought they'd be black)

rachel3612

Senior Community Member
Those are the biggest size, the still fit him barely. LOL I LOVED those things. They were about $10 from an ebay store, not the name brand of course. They were zoo shoes or something like that.

I like that the shoulder pads and belly pad match, although if the belly pad was black it would be easier to see in the dark. LOL It blends in too well. That is the cover he picked! I wanted the Sahara to match the van. I have since switched sides for the kids, its easier since that is the side with the power door. Hannah just has to climb past his seat at drop off and pick up at school.

Oh and that is not how high her pw is now, its up one or two more notches. LOL she JUST turned 6 less than 2 weeks ago.
Thanks for looking at my monkey!
Rachel

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
It's sorta funny to see that crying one followed by the smiley pic ... & in both he's got the same finger/hand thing going on, LOL :p

What is the SIV, though? :eek:

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
So cool to see the progression of seats and child's growth. Love those slippers too, my oldest DD also just outgrew the biggest size Roobeez and she is heartbroken that her "purple butterfly slippers shrunk." Maybe we should all lobby for the slipper companies to expand their size range? I'd even wear some of them if they would fit me. :)

I think the SIV is the Fisher Price Stay-in-View infant seat that had the strap for carrying/slinging over your shoulders and built-in mirror to let you see your baby in the car. It's a cool design and too bad it was discontinued along with the Safe Embrace line of seats.

rachel3612

Senior Community Member
Yep its the Stay in Veiw, but you are forgetting the best thing about it, the mirror is attached to the base with is anti rebound. The mirror wasn't great but the fact that the base went up the back of the cars seat to hold the mirror it was pretty cool, that and that base installed so easily! I did it the day we brought him home from the hosiptal, 12 days post c/s even. Took less than 30 seconds. I had practiced before to know if it would fit, just wanted to keep Dd in the middle as long as possible and we always had both of her seats in the car, just in case we needed to drop her off somewhere with a car seat.

I didn't notice he was doing the same thing with his hands, very funny.

The other thing I loved about the SIV is the handly, it could be short or long and it was padded, went from head to toe, you could wear it like a sling! Very nice for having a 2.5 year old too, I could carry both kids and have a hand free.

Rachel

LuvBug

Hes a cutie!!! How old/big is he?
We get our soft soled shoes from mossfeet.com, they go up to adult sizes! I need to order DS another pair for this summer because he needs to move up and one has a hole :rolleyes:

rachel3612

Senior Community Member
He is now 3.5 and we just got the Regent, our RA is expiring and didn't fit well in the van and really I just wanted a new seat. LOL The decathlon in the back was his for about a week, then the Regent came out so we got that one and sold the DE to a friend.

I will check out that site, he loves his slippers! My Dd would want some to. The problem is I hate paying more than $12 for them because he can destroy them in 10 minutes outside. He wore them everywhere when we first got them, he was 2 at the time. He didn't walk many place though, I used the Ergo most of the time. LOL

Rachel

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Thanks for the tip on mossfeet.com, I'll have to check that out. I found some leather soled ballet style slippers recently at Target and DD likes them pretty well (and tries to sneak into bed wearing them), but she still misses her Robeez. Target also carries cute slippers like the Robeez but they don't run any bigger than the Robeez. Thanks again, maybe I'll get some for me, too.

scatterbunny

Great pics! :D The one time I saw a SIV in person I made the mom let me fondle it for awhile. :p It is truly an awesome seat.

And I love the Cougar Regent! Hayley really wants the Blue Bouquet (even though I think we'll probably just get a Husky from someone when the time is right), but I can't decide which pattern I like better. I saw a picture of Sahara today and loved it. The pictures the online retailers have don't do it justice, but that seems to be typical with pretty much all the choices.

LuvBug

papooses said:
Ooooh, really?!?! I want some
yes we have been buying mossfeet for about 2 years now. http://mossfeet.com/ great quality! fit DS so much nicer(and softer) than any other brand(though everyone has a different favorite ;) ). You can get them embroidered with tons of cute designs, or unembroidered, in lots of color combos. And she does all sizes nb-adult!

I always get a 'pretty' pair and an 'outside' pair. He has had this last pair for exactly a year and had it not been for a terrible fall on the concrete, they wouldnt have gotten a hole in one of them(top at the point of his big toe).

rachel3612

Senior Community Member
He was a doll! What you can't tell from the photos is that he spit up about 30-40 times a day. LOL Makes him a little less dollish.

I loved that there was no chest clip, its a FP thing becaue the FPSE infant seat didn't have one and the FPSE convertable had one but only for forward facing.

Rachel

Dreaming_of_Speed

Senior Community Member
It didnt have a chest clip at all? Wierd. :) I thought she took it off he was so small! Was he born prematurely? (just asking b/c he was 12 days old coming home)

Is the regent installed or just sitting in the car? I've never installed one maybe i'm missing the latch strap but it looks uninstalled to me.

Alex thinks his regent looks cool BTW. :) She wants one too! (We'll see) If i wasnt worried about using it with the other seats installed i'd buy her one but space is an issue even in our van.

rachel3612

Senior Community Member
He was born at 35wks and spent 11 in the NICU (he was transered at 24 hours old)/ I am glad it didn't have a chest clip, he would not have fit.

The Regent is installed, by two techs even. LOL You just can't see the Latch straps at all. Now I have the recline bar installed now so you can see them now. (I wanted him to sleep on a trip) The space issue is exactly why we bought the Quest with quad seating. I knew he would end up with the Regent, we got it for comfort not becuse he is heavy, he is only 34lbs and short.

I really like the seat it fits VERY well there, I need to try it in the back with seats on either side. Maybe later I will go clean out the van and play with seats. I have the MCP, RA, Turbo, PW and Regent. LOL sad part is, we only have two kids and ONE car. LOL

Rachel

mom2acrew

Moderator - CPST Instructor
He is a doll! I love the cougar print too...hmm how can I speed up the expiration on the husky :)

Just wanted to add the Regent doesn't need 2 techs to install it Liam is just lucky to have 2 techs as parents :)

Dreaming_of_Speed

Senior Community Member
Put it in the sun or garage during the summer. Its dangerous to leave them in the heat :) Makes the plastic deteriorate faster. ;)

Nothing wrong with having options. Whats the MCP harness to? It came out before i got into seats and now i'm curious.

rachel3612

Senior Community Member
The mcp is 20-40lbs, forward only. Has built in lockling clips and relcines on the fly. LOL Like the new graco but easier and better. Something you can do from the front seat while the baby is sleeping. It didn't last long in the US, it was $200 for a seat that is forward only and only to 40lbs. It did have higher harness slots though, which is why I bought it.

And yes the Regent doesn't need two techs to install it, just that DH and I both are. LOL I can do it by myself no problem and so can DH.

Rachel

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC